Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading to iCloud Paused

Hi there. I just got a new iPhone (12 Pro) last week and everything is working just fine except that when I'm in the message app, I keep seeing, "Uploading to iCloud Paused. Plug in your device and connect to Wi-Fi." I've had my phone plugged in and on Wi-Fi every day and night since I got the phone and it won't go away. I don't see any photos being uploaded and I'm up to date on my software update (iOS 15.1). How can I get this message removed or if needed, get the uploading to continue, although I don't know what it is still uploading. Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 2:49 PM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2021 10:51 AM in response to shawniemo

Hey shawniemo,

Congratulations on your new iPhone 12 Pro!

However, it appears that you're having a problem with your iPhone. When you're using the Messages app, you're met with a notification "Uploading to iCloud Paused". Good job on making sure your iPhone is connected to power and Wi-Fi, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support -- Make sure you have sufficient space available in Cloud. If it's full (or close) this article provides information on how to free up some of the space available. If you'd rather not delete any information, you can add more space to iCloud: Upgrade your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support 

If there's plenty of space available in iCloud, make sure your iPhone isn't using Low Power Mode or using a VPN:

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone - Apple Support

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

Nov 3, 2021 11:00 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks so much for your help. I have plenty of storage in my iCloud and my phone is not on Low Power Mode or on VPN. I've checked both the other day and again just now. I also did some of the other troubleshooting I saw in a previous post and everything is normal but I still can't make that message go away.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

Shawn

Uploading to iCloud Paused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.