Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 11 keeps disconnecting bluetooth devices

My new iPhone 11 keeps disconnecting bluetooth devices (happens both with Bose QC headset and Skoda car Bluetooth)

I did not see this behaviour on an iPhone X running IOS 13 beta.

Anyone having the same problem? Or even better: a solution?

(This question is about iPhone 11, but Apple apparently didn't take the time to update the "What device is this about"... )

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 12:42 AM

237 replies

Nov 9, 2019 2:09 PM in response to maori77

JaredTully is not going to fix anything. And neither is anyone else in this user-to-user technical support forum.

What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the problem with YOUR car and YOUR phone? Here are some basic steps you should try:

• In the Highlander, go to BlueTooth settings and delete the phone.
  • Turn off the vehicle.
  • On the phone, go to Settings/Bluetooth and "forget" the Highlander.
  • Restart your phone -->Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  • Start the vehicle.
  • Put the Highlander into Pairing mode.
  • On the phone go to Settings/Bluetooth and pair the phone with the Highlander.

See if these steps fix the problem. If they don't go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings.

If that still doesn't fix it contact Apple Support using the link at the top of this page. BTW, the first thing they will do is have you repeat the above steps.

Dec 25, 2019 5:26 PM in response to FredFitz

FredFitz wrote:

Yeah some times I wonder if Apple even looks at the boards. Mine connects for about one second. I only know that because an icon shows on Jeeps display.

Wonder no more! As it says explicitly in the Terms of Use that you didn’t read (but who does?) Apple does not participate in Apple Support Communities; it is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple offers a number of ways to communicate directly with them; this forum is not one of those ways.

For general feedback: https://apple.com/feedback

For Apple tech support, which sounds like what you need, there are several ways:

• Install the Apple Support app from the app store
  • Make a Genius Bar appointment—>https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
  • Use the Contact Support link at the top of this page (you can chat when available, or have them call you)
  • DM @applesupport on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019 6:58 AM in response to lisam3335

Then you need to read this-->Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

And, as the problem is with your phone, not hundreds of millions of other phones, for Apple to fix it you will need to take your phone to an Apple store or contact Apple Support-->Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jan 31, 2020 12:47 PM in response to deb4843

deb4843 wrote:

I was on Apple support tier one for quite awhile last night. I thought I was headed to tier 2. Tier one returned to the phone and said tier 2 wanted to know if my 2 bt devices were close together and perhaps interfering with each other. Uh. Isn’t that the very definition of blue tooth - lack of interference.

Uh, no, that isn’t the very definition of Bluetooth, which is a spread spectrum technology (Invented by Hedy Lamarr, BTW) that depends on the randomness between the frequency changes used by other nearby devices. But as it is random it is very sensitive to interference, especially when a lot of devices are sharing a small space.

Here’s some information on that subject—>Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support.

Sep 30, 2019 12:12 PM in response to adevilsgrace

Here are Apple's update notes for iOS 13.1.2:

iOS 13.1.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
  • Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
  • Fixes an issue where Camera may not work
  • Addresses an issue where the flashlight may not activate
  • Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data
  • Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod
  • Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles

Feb 9, 2020 7:16 PM in response to deb4843

In my opinion, Apple already got the $1500 from me, and I don't think they care about fixing the issue.

So far I have done the following, and I still have disconnects with car bluetooth and Jabra i75t.

1. Reset phone as new
  2. Reset Network Settings
  3. Replace AT&T SIM card
  4. Apple Genius Bar did diagnosis, and everything OK
  5. Replace iphone under Applecare
  6. Restore from backup
  7. Restore as new iPhone
  8. Apple Genius Bar did diagnosis, and everything OK. According to them, it might be some application. Because the diagnosis was successfully, phone cannot be replaced.
  9. Restore as new iPhone, and only necessary applications
  10. Phone is still disconnecting

Sep 25, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Lars Ribe

I also have this issue with an older aftermarket Kenwood head unit where my iphone X had no issues with connectivity up until this past few days when i switched to the new phone. I have the 11 Pro Max and i already updated last night to iOS 13.1 and still has the issue.

I have tried rebooting the phone and head unit and re-pairing it but it won't stay connected after pairing. it will disconnect.

I thought the issue would be resolved with 13.1 but as of now i am unable to use my bluetooth in my car.

I also have aftermarket bluetooth headset i use at the gym and this had no issues as well as my apple watch.

Oct 2, 2019 6:40 AM in response to Night013

I am having the same issue with my Iphone 11pro. I have updated software to newest version but can not make a phone call in my car without the bluetooth disconnecting. I can listen to music but as soon as I make a call the bluetooth drops. May be returning this phone as how can apple release a product that can't make a simple hands free call. Seems to be a car accident waiting to happen. I did speak with apple, they are aware of the problem but don't know how to fix it yet.

Oct 5, 2019 10:37 AM in response to cynthiafrommi

I was having the same issue. I did a factory reset and then restored my device and still having the same issue. I called Apple support and they suggested that the issue was being carried through my backup. Did another factory reset and set up the device as new and that seemed to solve the issue for me. I don’t have much information on iCloud so I didn’t need the backup. I use google to back up my photos and contacts

Oct 7, 2019 9:55 AM in response to Lars Ribe

I am experiencing similar issue with my new iphone 11 and my bluetooth headset WI 400. My headphone worked fine with my old iphone 7 plus.

On iphone 11 headphone works fine when I am playing music. But it keeps getting disconnected when I am on call. I have tried everything (latest ios updates, soft reboot, hard reboot, network setting reset etc.) but it still doesnt work.

Need some advise. Please help!

My new iPhone 11 keeps disconnecting bluetooth devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.