Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My monthly challenges have disappeared from the Activity app

All the monthly challenge badges that I have complete so far this year have disappeared, as well as my current month’s progress, and one of the special challenge badges. All my workouts are still showing up though so an Apple store employee directed me here. Has that happened to anyone else? iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 10:07 AM

So annoyed, just swapped from my iPhone 8 Plus to iPhone 11, created a backup prior to setting my new phone up to make sure I wouldn’t lose any data and upon setup of my iPhone 11 I have lost all my monthly challenges apart from June and August 2019 (I had every single one) and my September challenge which was near completion is also now gone!! I got my Apple Watch series 4 in December 2018. Ive also noticed upon comparison with my iPhone 8 Plus that some of the ‘workout’ badges display different ‘bests’ (the record is shown for differing amounts of calories on my new device, almost as though not all my workouts synced properly, further, both phones display different amount of move goal (200%, 300% and 400%) badges. I’m very confused and annoyed and I hope this gets fixed as I loved the awards page!!!!

131 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 10:07 AM in response to DaisyJohnson

So annoyed, just swapped from my iPhone 8 Plus to iPhone 11, created a backup prior to setting my new phone up to make sure I wouldn’t lose any data and upon setup of my iPhone 11 I have lost all my monthly challenges apart from June and August 2019 (I had every single one) and my September challenge which was near completion is also now gone!! I got my Apple Watch series 4 in December 2018. Ive also noticed upon comparison with my iPhone 8 Plus that some of the ‘workout’ badges display different ‘bests’ (the record is shown for differing amounts of calories on my new device, almost as though not all my workouts synced properly, further, both phones display different amount of move goal (200%, 300% and 400%) badges. I’m very confused and annoyed and I hope this gets fixed as I loved the awards page!!!!

Sep 25, 2019 12:25 AM in response to DaisyJohnson

My monthly challenge badges since October 2018 have disappeared, and yes, also the current month's progress. Everything else is still there, just those monthly challenges. October 2018 was the month I got my current Apple Watch. If your monthly badges are missing for this year, did you by coincidence get a new Apple Watch in January? I also found this similar thread:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/118814

Sep 27, 2019 12:48 PM in response to SILVAF0XX

Same here it seems to be a big problem, although it amazes me that when I speak to the Apple support assistants they seem clueless about the problem so I hope word spreads quickly to the technical teams! Another weird thing that I found was that the monthly award for July 2019 shows up on the day that it was awarded, yet it doesn’t show up on the main awards page!

Sep 25, 2019 7:47 AM in response to Niklaus Wirz

I have this same issue. After going through the troubleshooting steps I knew of (like un-pairing the watch, restarting both my phone and watch, then re-pairing), I called their support line and they told me they're aware of the issue, but at this time there is no fix. 😥

There was a similar issue last year with the release of iOS 12, the limited edition badges were missing. Hopefully there's a fix before the end of the month (I was close to reaching my september goal)!

Sep 25, 2019 10:23 AM in response to Alexx196

It seems like the issue might be with the watch. I did the same as you, backed up my phone on the morning of upgrading, then restored from that backup. All my monthly challenges were gone, as well as two of the three special challenges badges I had earned. Since then, one of these reappeared, but none of the monthly challenges. I chatted with support last night, and the associate implied that I should have backed up and unpaired my watch (in addition to the phone) prior to returning my old phone; and I should have restored the watch from its own backup. I hadn’t done that, nor did I know that’s necessary, but I did have trouble re-pairing my watch to the new phone and in the end I think I paired it as a new Apple Watch. It’s really disappointing that something that simple can erase progress that we’ve been working on all year. I’m still not fully satisfied with the associate’s answer because all my activity transferred from the iPhone backup, just not the challenges. Why would the challenges be only stored on the watch? Doesn’t make sense. So part of me still hopes they’ll come back...

Sep 25, 2019 3:43 PM in response to DaisyJohnson

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 11 Pro Max I received on September 20th. I have talked to multiple Apple Customer Service representatives on the phone and also communicated with multiple via the online chat. None of them were helpful at all with this issue.

It is frustrating since I seem to have lost all my Monthly Challenge badges for all of 2019. They are still on my old iPhone but are not showing on the new phone. I tried restoring backups of both phones to the new phone which did nothing to "fix" this issue. I also have restored my Apple Watch multiple times which also did nothing to fix this.

I hope Apple finds a fix for this problem soon and that they are able to provide some training for the support folks. Dealing with them was very frustrating to say the least. They provided ZERO help with this issue. All they did was provide the usual IT response of did you restart the device...

Sep 25, 2019 4:17 PM in response to DaisyJohnson

The same thing happened to me with the limited addition awards, all have since reappeared but still no sign of my monthly challenge awards nor the current September challenge! If I’m honest it seems as though they are thinking of any excuse possible as it seems they don’t even know how to fix the error currently as iOS 13.1 released today with a bunch of bug fixes although it didn’t include a single one for Apple Watch or the activities application. It’s shocking really, it needs to be resolved because it seems there’s a whole community of people affected!

Sep 25, 2019 9:21 PM in response to DaisyJohnson

I lost all of my monthly achievement badges for 2019 after switching from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 11pro Max on 9/20/19. I updated the iPhone 7 to iOS 13 on 9/19/19 without any issues. I backed up my phone to the cloud prior to my appointment to pick the new phone. I have a Series 4 watch. I had earned every monthly badge this year & was 7 days away from completing my September challenge to stand 27 times. Nine badges all gone, just like that :(

Sep 27, 2019 1:49 AM in response to Alexx196

I’m having the same issue. So annoying. Have we worked out it’s a problem for people who’ve had two watches recently? I had a replacement watch under warranty in about sept last year, I have all my monthly challengers up to then but not since- I’d done them every month this year so far. All other activities have transferred to new phone and ios13 fine.

i wonder if monthly challenges are more complicated to transfer as they’re personal to you. All the other challenges and goals are standard for everyone, so it’s easier for the app to work out after the fact whether you achieved them or not.

Sep 27, 2019 3:20 AM in response to DaisyJohnson

Just wanted to add myself as a “me too” on this thread. I’ve raised the issue with support, but they were totally unaware of the issue!

I’ve lost all badges from October last year onwards which for me was all of them! I had good progress this month on a difficult challenge of walking 143 miles in the month, so even if this were to reappear today I’d have no chance of earning it... a real shame this as I’ve loved going for these and it’s a real incentive.

I wouldn’t like to think what would happen for example if a load of Xbox users lost years of achievements... its the same thing in fairness and there’d be **** to pay!

My monthly challenges have disappeared from the Activity app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.