Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy an older version of Final Cut Pro

Hi everybody, I'm currently running an Air Early2015 with El Cap, and I want to install Final Cut Pro X, thing that seems impossible because it needs High Sierra (10.13.6). I'd prefer not to update my mac, since i only have 4gb of ram and 128ssd. For now I'm using FCPX 10.2.3; and it works pretty fine. Is there a way to buy this particular version of the software? Thanks a lot

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:07 AM

It is a little tricky but it can be done. You can’t actually buy an older version. What you do is buy the current version using a newer OS, then when you try to download FCP on a computer running an older OS you’ll be offered to get the most recent that works on that OS.

That would give you 10.3.4 on El Capitan, not 10.2.3.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 5:07 AM in response to Jackleeeek

It is a little tricky but it can be done. You can’t actually buy an older version. What you do is buy the current version using a newer OS, then when you try to download FCP on a computer running an older OS you’ll be offered to get the most recent that works on that OS.

That would give you 10.3.4 on El Capitan, not 10.2.3.

How to buy an older version of Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.