Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Mojave) Apple Mail can't create Google mail-account – Safari 13.0 (14608.1.49) doesn't open anymore

Google Mail now obviously uses OpenID for authentication, so it must open a Safari page to allow you to authenticate. But – as of the most recent Safari update, I think – that window doesn't open. So, I can't re-enter the password for a GMail account, nor define a new one in the Mail application.

This is brand new behavior which seems to have begun with the most recent Safari update ... unless Google is also doing something weird(er) on their side. (Imagine that ...)

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:34 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 24, 2019 5:43 PM in response to dialabrain

I am, of course, "bitterly disappointed" that the just-released 13.0.1 hot-fix did not address my problem. Although the Safari application now "launches," it does not navigate to the necessary Google page nor complete the necessary authentication sequence.

This is a profoundly important problem to me, because I very-regularly conduct "cryptographically signed and sometimes encrypted" communications using GMail. As, one by one, my various accounts "expire," and I now have no means to renew them, my daily business will be very severely impacted until this problem is fixed. I had naturally hoped that Apple would have fixed the problem in this update. (And, I therefore remain "frantically hopeful" that they will post a fix in the next few days!)

(Mojave) Apple Mail can't create Google mail-account – Safari 13.0 (14608.1.49) doesn't open anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.