Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 pro max cannot connect to iTunes for windows

My wife and I just got the new iPhone 11 Pro Max last Friday and neither of us can connect to her/ or my PC to back up the phones... I can connect to my iMac with no problem but when I connect to her pc, we don’t even get the ‘trust this computer’ notification... absolutely nothing happens... it’s the latest iTunes, we’ve already restarted both the computers and the phones... we even started the phones in recovery mode, and the computer won’t recognize that phone being plugged in... I know Apple is getting away from needing to connect to the computer, but we still would like to do a local hard backup

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 3:42 PM

Did you unlock the phone before connecting to USB? If there was a prompt to trust the computer did you do so?

To use the standard installer remove the store version, then use this direct link:

tt2

Similar questions

35 replies

Sep 24, 2019 1:13 PM in response to Darcsyde2000

Are you running Windows 10, and if so have you installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store. The user tip is based on using the old school installer which includes Apple Mobile Device Support. With the MS Store version details are hidden from the user. Assuming the standard installer step 3 reads:

Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.

It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices, Other Devices, or as an MTB USB Device.

Reinstalling iTunes may be required. In principle you also need iTunes 12.10.0.7 although my iPhone 11 Pro Mac connected happily to iTunes 12.9.6.3.

tt2

Sep 30, 2019 8:00 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I found out that I posted this in the wrong thread. It's to iTunes for iMac.

However I found out now that the problem is only with iTunes. The device is connecting and breaking the connection and then repeat it.. in matters of seconds. battery icon green, --> transparent --> green --> and so on.

Connecting with Xcode is no problem. (FYI: I'm using the cable of my iPad)

I will try to find the appropriate group to repost. However thank you for your attention.

BtH

Oct 9, 2019 12:15 PM in response to BrunoTH

Weird... my 11 Pro Max came with a USB-c cable, headphones, and the high-speed charging brick...

anyway... my problem happened to be a faulty/non-Apple cable and its connecting fine with a standard USB-lightning cable... but the USB-c cable that came with the phone still won’t allow for data transfer although it will charge... so thank you everyone... problem solved (mostly/sort of)

iphone 11 pro max cannot connect to iTunes for windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.