Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff not working iOS 13!

Just got an Apple Watch and I’ve noticed handoff isn’t working with it or my 2018 iMac (I think it’s a 23”.) I’m on iOS 13.1, iPhone 8.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

21 replies

Oct 16, 2019 2:56 PM in response to mark53

Great, glad you were able to resolve! Yes, it is important for handoff or any continuity action that you be signed in with the same Apple ID. For those having issues with this, take a look at the articles I posted earlier:

Hand off tasks from Apple Watch

Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Apple Watch User Guide

Pick up where you left off with Handoff on Mac

Oct 13, 2019 4:49 AM in response to sXm683

I have an iPhone XR which I recently updated to IOS 13.1.2 and an iPad Air which I updated to IOS 12.4.2 at the same time. Since these updates handoff has stop working on both devices.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can rectify it?

I’ve tried switching handoff off and on again on both but it still doesn’t work.

Oct 16, 2019 8:54 AM in response to lxc9828

I called apple support and they fixed it relatively easily, although I can't remember exactly what they did!

As far as i can tell, handoff requires that the devices and computers all have the same Apple ID, and they need to be exactly the same. So if one device is on yourname@mac.com and the computer is on yourname@icloud.com, the handoff may not work. In any event it is not a bug per se, but you need to set things up properly.

Oct 17, 2019 12:26 PM in response to Harald Chyba

My problem was very similar. I found out that despite not making any changes myself, somehow one of my devices Apple ID was set to "myname@icloud.com" and the other device was set to "myname@mac.com". presumably those should be the same Apple ID, but in fact the system did not see them as the same until I made them both "myname@mac.com"...

Handoff not working iOS 13!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.