Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple (nearly all) electronic drum machine sounds suddenly are missing or sound corrupted

Hello!

After working on a simple project, closing Logic, and re-opening it a few days later, almost all of the drum machine's sound effects have stopped playing in Logic, sound corrupted, or do not seem to match what key is being played on my controller, (akai mpk225.)

For example, Electronic Drum Machine > Drum Machine > Minimal Glitch > Kick 1 sounds more like a distorted closed hi-hat. Almost every other note, played through my MPK or the piano roll is missing. The sound files sound fine when I manually navigate to my library and open the .aif files and appear to be in the proper place.

This has happened to all of the drum machines under "Electronic Drum Machine." So far, all other sounds in all other selections sound fine.

I've attached a picture of the piano roll, so for example: if I hit C1 for Kick 1, I hear that distorted, lo-fi, very soft hi-hat noise. Hitting Rim 1 plays nothing.

I've also attached a screenshot of the associated .aif files showing they are there, and if I open those in iTunes, I can hear them just fine.

Sidenote: I've recently downloaded/updated the rest of my sound library prior to this issue occurring.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 5:53 AM

Thank you the problem was resolved. That's a great troubleshooting tip for someone experiencing something similar.

I simply hadn't tried out the drum pads on my MPK. I couldn't believe that was my problem.

Similar questions

4 replies

Multiple (nearly all) electronic drum machine sounds suddenly are missing or sound corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.