Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No more VO2 Max data in Health app afterwatchOS 6 and iOS 13 update

Hello. I am getting no more VO2 Max data in Health app after watchOS 6 and iOS 13 update. I use an Apple Watch Series 4 with watchOS 6 and an iPhone XS with iOS 13.1. I run outside at a 7:50-8:10 min/mi peace for 1:00 hr 6 days a week. I record all the workouts with Apple's Workout app. Until the watchOS 6 and iOS 13 update of September 19 I always got the VO2 max data correctly in the Health app. After the update I got no more VO2 max data. I have tried to restart and force restart the Apple Watch and the iPhone without any luck. I also have checked all the settings and they appear to be fine.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Marcelo :)

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:40 PM

I get the same thing: exactly the same value every workout. It is precise to two decimal places and I am pretty sure my running efforts are a bit more variable than that. The value seems to be in the right ballpark though.

12 replies

Nov 8, 2019 1:21 AM in response to Neverdal

Hello,

I made the Apple Watch start estimating VO2 Max again two different times by un pairing the Apple Watch from the iPhone and setting up the Apple Watch as a new device. This is a lot of work because you have to configure all the settings of the Apple Watch.

The last time I did that same process and it didn't work, It worked 2 out of 3 times, maybe the 2 times that worked was other thing that make it work.

Thanks,

Nov 8, 2019 7:08 AM in response to Marceloc1972

Hi again!

i have also tried to unpair the watch and set it up as a new device again. Dis not help, thinking of resetting my phone and try that.

stupid bug, that should be fixed by apple. I did use ios 13 beta. And it worked perfect. Dont remember what i did after the 27 august. But probably a new beta update. Before the final release of ios.

Nov 11, 2019 6:09 AM in response to clau224

Same here. Used to have vO2 max working perfectly with the workout app but also strava. Yesterday i specifically ran with the workout app from apple (1h15) and no vo2 max. My last record was october 20th for some reason.

Apple, HELP! Don’t want to reset watch because apparently it doesn’t work.

and question,l still related. how come you watch is linked to phone n by serial number? This is stupid. I change my iphone x 3 times in the last 6 months because of bad cameras (be aware people) apparently not dustfree.

Nov 11, 2019 6:29 AM in response to fredsf415

Same here. Used to have vO2 max working perfectly with the workout app but also strava. Yesterday i specifically ran with the workout app from apple (1h15) and no vo2 max. My last record was october 20th for some reason.

Apple, HELP! Don’t want to reset watch because apparently it doesn’t work.

And question, still related. How come the apple watch is linked to phone by serial number? This is stupid. I had to change my iphone X 3 times in the last 6 months because of a bad rear camera (be aware people) apparently not it’s not dustfree which obliged me to reorganize my watch 3 times...grrr. Why?

But please fix that Vo2 max problem. Even tho it’s s not super accurate, this data is very interesting and gives you more feedback than just a heart beat.

Other option: run a vo2 max test: bip test, 6’ cooper test.

No more VO2 Max data in Health app afterwatchOS 6 and iOS 13 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.