Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Haptic Feedback On Mail App

I have an Apple Watch Series 4 running Watch OS6. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS13.1. I have haptic feedback turned on on the watch, but I only get a "tap" when a new iMessage arrives. I don't get any haptic feedback when new mail in the stock mail app arrives. Prior to the new software updates the haptic feedback was working great for all notifications. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:51 AM

OK, so I think I stumbled into the fix on my own. I usually keep my phone on silent, but the other day I turned sounds back on and realised that when I got a new mail message (mail app or Outlook app) I wasn't get a "ding". I went into notifications and noticed that Sounds was turned off on both. I didn't think anything of it since as I said my phone is on silent 99% of the time...but apparently since I have notifications on the Apple Watch set to "mirror this iphone" I needed to have sounds turned on for these two apps in order to receive haptic feedback on the watch. As soon as I turned sound on in Notifications for these two apps I started getting haptic feedback on my watch when new mail arrived. So, if you aren't receiving haptic feedback on your watch for certain apps, make sure sounds are turned on in iPhone notifications and that should fix it. Now I get haptic feedback regardless of if the mute rocker switch on the iPhone is toggled on or off. Finally!

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 8:51 AM in response to Murphy5156

OK, so I think I stumbled into the fix on my own. I usually keep my phone on silent, but the other day I turned sounds back on and realised that when I got a new mail message (mail app or Outlook app) I wasn't get a "ding". I went into notifications and noticed that Sounds was turned off on both. I didn't think anything of it since as I said my phone is on silent 99% of the time...but apparently since I have notifications on the Apple Watch set to "mirror this iphone" I needed to have sounds turned on for these two apps in order to receive haptic feedback on the watch. As soon as I turned sound on in Notifications for these two apps I started getting haptic feedback on my watch when new mail arrived. So, if you aren't receiving haptic feedback on your watch for certain apps, make sure sounds are turned on in iPhone notifications and that should fix it. Now I get haptic feedback regardless of if the mute rocker switch on the iPhone is toggled on or off. Finally!

Sep 27, 2019 11:56 AM in response to Murphy5156

Sorry I'm out of idea's

If your phone is set up properly (ie you get sound and haptic when you receive an email when your watch is off your wrist and locked, as you won't get it while your watch is on and your phone is locked.)

And your watch is set up properly

The only other thing I can think of trying is to erase your watch and setting it up as new.

No Haptic Feedback On Mail App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.