Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1 cutting off text of forwarded emails?

Since moving to iOS 13.1, my iPhone 7 has been cutting off emails that are being forwarded when using the Apple Mail icon on the iPhone. If you look at the forwarded email, it only includes the subject line of the earlier/previous email and cuts off the rest of the text of the email. I changed the iPhone setting to use "Complete Threads" and that seemed to resolve it, but then the issue came back, so I had to turn the iPhone completely Off then back on. Turning off and on seemed to resolve it temporarily. Is there a permanent fix to this email problem? Thanks!

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 10:11 PM

I checked my mail settings to ensure it was set for "complete" threads, but then after that, I had to turn off my iPhone and turn it back on again. It may be just the cycling of the iPhone off and then on that clears the issue. I noticed the same email cutting issue come up again each time I install a new iOS patch. At the end of the patch installation, it reboots the iPhone, but that's not enough. I saw the emails getting cut again, so I turned off the iPhone and turned it back on, which seemed to clear the problem.....at least temporarily....I haven't seen the issue reappear for a couple days now so I'm thinking turning off and on the iPhone somehow clears whatever glitch there is.

123 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 10:11 PM in response to Portio

I checked my mail settings to ensure it was set for "complete" threads, but then after that, I had to turn off my iPhone and turn it back on again. It may be just the cycling of the iPhone off and then on that clears the issue. I noticed the same email cutting issue come up again each time I install a new iOS patch. At the end of the patch installation, it reboots the iPhone, but that's not enough. I saw the emails getting cut again, so I turned off the iPhone and turned it back on, which seemed to clear the problem.....at least temporarily....I haven't seen the issue reappear for a couple days now so I'm thinking turning off and on the iPhone somehow clears whatever glitch there is.

Nov 13, 2019 8:07 AM in response to Scott Ryder

Having all the same issues with mail app in 13.2.2. Very disappointing that Apple messed with something as critical and fundamental as email. Our users are now using the Outlook App and Gmail apps as a workaround (ridiculous).

We have a dozen users reporting these issues so the old “wipe and reset” nonsense is a joke. They have e iPhone 8, Xs and 11. So it’s. It hardware specific.

We can’t wipe and reset everyone’s phone. Apple needs to OWN THIS AND FIX IT. This is what happens with monopolies folks ...

• Forward messages truncated
  • Duplicate sent items appear
  • Send email arrow button doesn’t respond sometimes. Have to exit app and reopen then it works.
  • messages don’t refresh in folders (especially ALL SENT ITEMS folder)
  • other day mail app got stuck with an “UNDO READ” prompt and wouldn’t let me hit undo or cancel.
  • And other strange things...!

Dec 20, 2019 7:50 AM in response to jkotsonas

13.3 brought back some of the issues that were resolved in 13.2.3 (see my previous post that has detail). This whole thing is a joke. Get it together Apple.

So far in 13.3:

• forwarding and responding to messages doesn’t include embedded photos.
  • forwarding and responding to emails truncates original message.
  • sent items don’t refresh.

I’ll just keep saying it ... disappointing.

Oct 2, 2019 10:17 AM in response to Cybrarian4

We're having the same issue with iOS 13.1.2 on two brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max and a iPhone 8s Plus on iOS 13.1 with the same mail account. Replies and forwards get truncated on the native mail app. If you try and re forward or reply, then the full message is visible. The problem doesn't happen on the users iOS 12.4.1 iPad Pro. This is definitely an iOS 13.x bug. Any work arounds or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 11, 2019 7:24 AM in response to nadeemfromgreenford

Why isn't Apple owning this? This is a huge issue and continues to tarnish the reputation of Apple, especially since their support won't admit it is a bug in the first place. They tried to blame Microsoft Exchange and told us it is an issue with our environment. It is currently affecting my CEO who wants everyone to switch to Android ASAP since it inhibits employee productivity.

Oct 11, 2019 9:02 AM in response to lvinci

Called Apple Support today and they were also claiming that it was the Exchange and MDM solution at fault. How is this possible when we had no issues with previous iOS 12 releases and also its all over the net with people have issues with emails on IMAP and POP (Gmail\hotmail) etc....

Becoming a joke and been told by our Senior board members to get this resolved or its all Androids to be ordered next week. Thats about 300 devices...

Oct 15, 2019 7:11 AM in response to nadeemfromgreenford

I even tried iOS 13.2 beta 2 and got the same results. Have logged the issues with the Feedback Assistance as well. The Mail app is unusable for corporate users. Draft emails don't work either.

It even been mentioned on major local news channels so it is big news as first suspected.

https://news.sky.com/story/iphone-users-complaining-about-ios-13-1-2-issues-11836150

Oct 26, 2019 12:16 PM in response to Cybrarian4

i have nothing but issues with Mail app and my work emails since the latest iOS update!! Hours on the phone and chat and finally got an appointment in store last week, they ended up resetting my whole(!!) phone saying that this will fix the issue - it didn’t!

i bc an experiencing the same issue, that the content of an forwarded email gets cut off, but also when someone sends an email with another email attached I cannot open it, it displays as a mime format and you can share drop save etc but not just ‘open’ !!! I’m at my whits end with Apple and I hope this will be fixed soon, or.... also I absolutely hate the new filing into subfolders, was so much easier before. I wish I could just restore to previous IOS version but Apple says not possible?!

iOS 13.1 cutting off text of forwarded emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.