Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block email not working in iOS 13

I was very excited to learn that we could block emails in the new iOS 13 update. But heck no! it does not work. I continue to get the same junk emails and when I try to block them it give me the option to UNBLOCK! For pete's sake!

Jon

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 11:50 AM

6 replies

Sep 30, 2019 8:32 AM in response to JonD

Hey JonD,

If I understand correctly, you were able to block emails, but you still receive junk mail and it is asking you to unblock. Is the junk mail saved as a contact? Are you using an iCloud email account or another provider? It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. Even though there is a chance that you've tried these steps already, I would recommend you follow every step and let us know if the issue persists.

"Mail

If you're in the Mail app, open the email that has the contact that you want to block, then tap the contact at the top. Tap Block this Contact."

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"To mark a message as junk:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the message, tap the Flag at the bottom, then tap Move to Junk."

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Sep 30, 2019 8:45 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi

I am following the directions to block emails in iOS 13. I am not using an iCloud email. Does anyone actually use those? But as I said I block the email. And then it does not actually work. The same sender sends another email and when I go in to block, it gives me the option to Unblock. Clearly not working at all.

Hope that is clear.

Jon

Oct 7, 2019 6:19 AM in response to Chris_D13

the IOS Blocking is not working! After selecting the emails contact and "Block this Contact" and with the Mail Threading settings Blocked Sender Options set to "Move to Trash" I still see mail from the blocked contacts. The mail has a grayed hand showing, with the contact listed in the Blocked list. The blocked mail still shows up in my in box. Selecting the contact again, it displays This message is from a blocked contact. So why is the blocked email in my inbox and not in the the trash?

Block email not working in iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.