Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) Problem with using Satechi USB-C Pro Hub/dongle

I am suddenly experiencing problem whit my MacBook Pro 15" (2017-model) when using my USB-C dongle hub from Satechi.

The problem is happening when I am trying to use the SD-card reader. Sometimes my Macbook find the SD-Card but shortly after it will give me a message telling me that "Disk not ejected properly" and my SD-card disappear. But then afterwards the Macbook will keep finding my sd card and the suddenly eject the card. And I am not able to use the card, because when accessing the card the Finder will freez.

If I use a standalone card reader from LEXAR with a USB-C cable I then don't have any problem. So I don't think it is the *USB-C ports that is the problem.

I have also replaced the Satechi dongle with a brand new and same problem is happening when using the SD-card slot in the dongle.

I have also reinstalled the Macbook 3 times now, and when doing so the problem seems to be solved. But shortly after installing all my software and programs the problem will come back.

Any suggestion whet to do?

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 8:30 AM

But the Strange thing is that the problem occurs on all 4 USB port on the MacBook Pro but when using other usb-c hardware like an external harddisk or another sd-card reader all seems fine.

I have tried with two identical dock and same problem occurs.

I think it something software or drive problem?

Similar questions

4 replies

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) Problem with using Satechi USB-C Pro Hub/dongle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.