Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor iPhone 11 camera quality or photos app bug?

So I'm on my second iPhone 11. The first took some very dull photos that looked as though they were airbrushed. I swapped it out and long behold, this guy is no different. Here's what I noticed though. If I open a new photo I take, it's very dull and blurry. If I zoom in and back out on that very same photo, it clears up and looks fantastic. All new photos I take do this. I'll post some examples of my yard I took. I've seen various threads from people talking about awful quality from their cameras and am beginning to wonder if its solely software related. I also have an XR with the same O.S build installed and it does the EXACT same thing. Blurry initial photos, but clear up when zoomed in and out.

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 3:20 PM

Wait you have the iPhone 11 Pro and are experiencing issues? I thought that one was supposed to be top notch?! According to Apple I was told I got the cheaper version of the iPhone 11’s and that’s why my videos look blurry. 🤦🏻‍♀️

60 replies

Dec 5, 2019 3:33 PM in response to Vlucaj91

I’m hair colorist and I buy this phone only to take a better photo for my work . I’m so disappointed. I couldn’t take a one single good photo with this phone it all turn yellow . I searched all the internet ,advices , zoom in zoom out , nothing works its not like my iPhone 7 ! It was wasting my money and there is no star here to rate the phone . So disappointed

Dec 9, 2019 5:14 PM in response to Vlucaj91

I’m so disappointed too! I had the iPhone 8 Plus and video quality took such a huge dip! Had my new iPhone 11 camera replaced within a month and issue remained. Went again today, and they just confirmed iphone 11 quality is bad on all phones! Basically told me it is the “budget friendly” phone so quality won’t be great! 😳

Aug 25, 2020 8:23 PM in response to Eustis9

What I did and was helpful and fixed the photo issue was putting the camera setting on “Most Compatible” format

Go to-> Settings-> Camera-> Format-> Most compatible

But for recording great quality videos, you should again put it on “High efficiency”

But, This problem is so wierd!!! i hope it’s only a software issue that can be solved with a newer ios!

Nov 21, 2019 6:30 AM in response to Eustis9

I just tried this as well. and I did notice that after zooming in and then zooming out the picture was clearer. I took a screenshot of the before and after as well just to confirm and it was definitely a clearer image after you zoom in and then zoom back out. I wonder if that's just a software issue on the phone itself. I wouldn't think it would affect a photo that was exported to computer or posted online, but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

Jan 14, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Eustis9

I am so sorry for you! I especially buy the iPhones for their cameras, and before I choose a new model I research which has the best camera upgrade. So for the iPhone 11 I read that the extra lens on the 11pro max would be the best camera for the 11 rollout. My iPhone 8 took superb photos (see attached); I would have been ****** if I bought the 11 and not the 11 Pro and the photo quality was worse!

Jan 27, 2021 9:35 AM in response to thalao

iPhone makes the best camera phone out there, bar none. You have to decide whether or not to buy the top of the line with all the lenses or not. Your choice. The dog photo was taken with the iPhone 8. It was the best phone camera at the time. However, your girlfriend needed to purchase the 11pro max with the three lenses in order for the iPhone to take the best shots ever. The top photo was taken this summer with an 11 pro max.

Apr 28, 2021 6:37 PM in response to Eustis9

The Camera quality is a hit or miss. It’s great if you use it for landscape pictures. But for selfies... just don’t unless you want some insecurities, it will show every pores, pimples, and blackheads. You’re better off using an app like Snapchat to get a good selfie. Besides that it also ***** with exposure. I FaceTime every day so if it’s too bright like when the sun is on you or you use a flash, you look like a faceless monster!

Poor iPhone 11 camera quality or photos app bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.