Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t delete playlists IOS 13 on iPhone X

Since IOS 13 my playlists can’t be deleted without removing the tracks from my library. Also impossible to remove individual tracks from a playlist removing from the library.

Does anyone have a solution please?

TIA

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:21 AM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Molly77

Hi Molly77,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! It's my understanding that you are seeking help with your Apple Music library. I'd like to assist.

When you delete a specific track from your playlist, you swipe left over the track to expose the 'Delete' option. When you do this, it should not remove the track from your Apple Music library, however. Are you noticing this behavior? And if so, is this happening with all playlists or certain ones? I would recommend updating to the latest iOS 13 version to test for this behavior as well: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Also, quoted from: Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library - Apple Support, "If you have songs in your Library that you want to move to a playlist and remove from iCloud Music Library, you first need to delete the song from your library, which will remove it from all playlists. Then, add the song back from the Apple Music catalog and add it just to a playlist."

Reach back out if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Oct 2, 2019 5:59 PM in response to Molly77

Molly77,

I appreciate your follow up.

When you delete a playlist, it would not delete the individual tracks from your library, it just deletes the playlist itself. To delete a playlist, touch and hold the playlist, then tap 'Delete from Library' from the menu that appears. This article discusses creating, editing, and deleting playlists in iOS 13: Create playlists on iPhone - Apple Support.

When you delete tracks from playlist, it does not delete the song from the entire library either. When you follow the steps in the above article to edit a playlist, what happens? Do you not see the symbol to delete the track from the playlist?

I appreciate your time.

Regards.

Oct 2, 2019 2:03 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi thank you for your reply.

My problem is that I can’t delete a playlist from my list of playlists . I don’t want to delete the tracks, but I have playlists I no longer use and I want to tidy them up. Used to be able to swipe them left on IOS 12 but not anymore.

I have completely up to date IOS 13 as per my original post.

Also, I can delete tracks altogether, but not remove tracks from a playlist.

Hope that explains my issues better?

Can’t delete playlists IOS 13 on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.