Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather complication always using location service (Hollow Arrow)

Ever since iOS 13.1 and watchOS 6, I've had a hollow arrow 24/7 on both the watch and my phone. I isolated the issue to the weather compilation. The only way to remove the hollow arrow is to either disable location for weather or remove the weather complication from the watch face.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 11:46 AM

9 replies

Oct 30, 2019 1:51 PM in response to The.Todd

I have absolutely the same issue.

I am using Apple Watch 3 and it started appearing after I upgraded to iPhone 11 (from iPhone 6, thus no iOS 13 and no watchOS 6).

So, once I upgraded to iPhone 11, I obviously got iOS 13.1 and upgraded the watch to watchOS 6. Then this started happening. I thought it would be fixed with iOS 13.2 and watchOS 6.1, but it wasn't. It now seems like a feature, rather than a bug, but it's very annoying.

The hollow arrow stays on my phone permanently. It only disappears if I select a watch face that does not show the weather and also when the watch is locked. I obviously haven't changed any settings.

I haven't noticed battery drainage so far, though can't be completely sure.

Weather complication always using location service (Hollow Arrow)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.