Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A note I wrote on my iPad Pro is a tiny picture in notes on my Macbook Pro.

Hi on my iPad it looks like this:

and on my Macbook it looks like this:

Is there any way to make this synchronise correctly?

This is my first attempt to use the iPad in this way. Taking notes was great.. But not usable once synched. Exporting it creates a amazingly low resolution image..

Regards Justin

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 2:49 PM

Was your note created using iPadOS 13.X? This suggests a change may be coming once MacOS Catalina is released, as a change did occur with iPadOS 13.

About Notes drawing migration to iOS 13 and iPadOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 2, 2019 2:40 PM in response to sberman

Hi sberman

Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately real estate isn't the issue. Nothing will change the size of my handwritten notes. No gestures or zooming does anything. On the iPad they are individual handwritten "objects" which can be manipulated. On the mac it is one very long and low resolution image:

It being an issue is disappointing, but with sufficent resolution I could live with it.. But unfortunately it's unusable. It seems that the note (and the resulting image) is limited by it's height. The longer the note the worse the resolution gets.

Further research seems to show that this is a long standing issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8192965

Seems a shame that Apple creates very capable products, but does not provide the cross-platform support one would expect.

Luckily my University provides Office 365 access with OneNote, which seems to be able to fulfill this task between devices.

My sorrow advice to anyone seeing this: Don't use Apple notes for writing long notes, if you want to review them on your other non iOS devices.

A note I wrote on my iPad Pro is a tiny picture in notes on my Macbook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.