Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi-Calling issues progressively getting worse since iOS 13 w/ AT&T

Has anyone else seen a decline in WiFi-Calling since 13 iOS has come out? I started having issues after upgrade to 13, when I went to 13.1 it was hit or miss if I could even get it to work. Now with 13.1.2 it wont stay on for more than a few minutes then just doesn't seem to connect. Then magically after a few hours it just starts working again.

I've tried resetting network settings. Checking if there were any carrier updates. Reboots. Turning on and off WiFi-Calling. Essentially everything I could find. Does anyone have the sure fire fix or is my next only hope doing a full factory reset? I've been seeing numerous posts all over the net with similar or same symptoms but not with AT&T so not sure if its a carrier thing, Apple thing, or both.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:58 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 2, 2019 8:06 PM in response to aw3edsvbn

If I am getting you right you are attributing your WiFi calling issues with that of iOS update. Please check if you are missing out on certain information.

1. To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need an iPhone 5c or later on a supported carrier.

There are two major Updates in an iPhone / iPad:

1. iOS Update (Optional): Released by Apple Inc basically for improvements, security and bug fixes. Does not affect Data, Calls & SMSs

1. Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

Oct 2, 2019 9:03 PM in response to SravanKrA

I have a 6s Plus with AT&T, its been working fine for years with WiFi-Calling. Since iOS 13 yes it continues to get worse each update, now on the latest(13.1.2) it's almost unusable. I tried seeing if there were carrier updates to apply there are none. I have reset all network settings. I have disabled and re-enabled WiFi-Calling a bunch of times. I have rebooted endless times. Tried turning on airplane mode. Turning off Cell Data and WiFi-Calling and rebooting then re-enabling. Nothing get it back to the state it was in with WiFi-Calling pre iOS 13. Essentially the only thing I have not done at this point is a full factory reset. To me this says nothing but iOS as I doubt a factory reset is going to fix this if none of the previously attempted methods are making any difference. I even went as far as to delete the emergency contact info and re-add it back in there to re-validate everything for WiFi-Calling.

WiFi-Calling issues progressively getting worse since iOS 13 w/ AT&T

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.