Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 call volume extremely low

I just purchased the Iphone 11 and updated to iOS 13.1.2.

When making phone calls and whatsapp calls the volume is extremely low. I have to put the phone on Speaker mode to hear anything.

The volume is set to max.

I have switched Bluetooth on and off.

Any ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 7:12 AM

There are two problems here.

1. people not removing the screen protector or putting a new one on wrong = easy fix.
  2. none of the above apply to my situation, the iPhone 11 Pro has very low in call volume, same for listening to answerphone messages, switch to speakers and volume is fine. My wifes iPhone 7 also developed same issue recently.

Apple chat support unable to diagnose suggested Genius Bar, but no slots available!!

I Have reported it to Apple feedback but dont hold out much hope.

66 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 7:12 AM in response to JQUPNORTH

There are two problems here.

1. people not removing the screen protector or putting a new one on wrong = easy fix.
  2. none of the above apply to my situation, the iPhone 11 Pro has very low in call volume, same for listening to answerphone messages, switch to speakers and volume is fine. My wifes iPhone 7 also developed same issue recently.

Apple chat support unable to diagnose suggested Genius Bar, but no slots available!!

I Have reported it to Apple feedback but dont hold out much hope.

Apr 23, 2020 1:47 PM in response to Rmadridnumber10

Yeah. Got my Pro Max today and of course got a decent case and shield. I started messing with things (new Apple owner) so I thought I had messed up somewhere silly because I could barely hear anybody. Ohhhhhh it was silly, alright.

I put the shield on the wrong way, notch on the bottom. So in this case the issue was the lousy interface between my phone screen and my chair.

Oct 31, 2019 10:44 PM in response to Okliw112

First I would attempt to uninstall and reinstall the application.

If issue persists attempt to force restart. To force restart quickly click the volume up button click the volume down and then hold the power. Keep holding the power button until you see the device restart.

If this issue started to occur after an update I would invest in updating it again we are currently on iOS 13.2.

If Issue persists I would attempt to contact Apple support.

iPhone 11 call volume extremely low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.