Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app on iPad Pro crashing consistently after upgrade to iOS 13

I've seen this in previous posts with no helpful replies. Since upgrading, the music app has been wildly buggy. I'll tap on a playlist and and a blank playlist will appear. If I tap anything else the app just freezes.

Sometimes if I tap a playlist that is visible things will work, but if I scroll it freezes again. Sometimes after this happens and I click out of music, the finder screen even freezes for a bit. This only seems to happen after the music app freeze.

I've signed out and back in to my apple id, toggled off and on "Show Apple Music" and "Sync Library", turned off the iPad, and updated to iPadOS 13.1.2

This has been a real pain - I use this all the time in my music teaching.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 9:15 AM

Yeah, there are a few other posts in this community who are having the same issue. I recommend calling Apple Support and/or submitting a bug report at https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html to escalate the visibility of this issue. The only solace I can give you is not to worry about it being a hardware issue - it's definitely a problem on Apple's end.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2019 9:15 AM in response to Dennis Roden

Yeah, there are a few other posts in this community who are having the same issue. I recommend calling Apple Support and/or submitting a bug report at https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html to escalate the visibility of this issue. The only solace I can give you is not to worry about it being a hardware issue - it's definitely a problem on Apple's end.

Oct 4, 2019 2:57 AM in response to Dennis Roden

Spent some time with Apple support, even restored the iPad, but the problem persists. Things usually work unless I need to scroll, which is basically all the time, and that's when the content disappears and eventually freezes.

Hope Apple fixes this quickly! Moral, wait a few weeks before updating system software so they get the serious bugs worked out.

Oct 8, 2019 6:35 AM in response to Dennis Roden

Same exact issue here. I have never had this problem on any other ios releases, and I use my iPad extensively within my DJ and live sound business. I can't have this kind of failure during a show! Hopefully Apple will chime in or issue a release quickly, as this is completely unacceptable performance from one of their core apps that so many depend on professionally!

Music app on iPad Pro crashing consistently after upgrade to iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.