Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not connecting to Google Gmail accounts. Unable to add new Google account. Where is Safari 13.0.1?

I am on a 2019 Mac Book Pro running Mojave 10.14.6. I first noticed the issue when I went to add a new Gmail account to Mail. When I select a Google account I get the popup "Google requires completing authentication in Safari." I open the account in Safari but nothing happens to connect to Mail or System Preferences. The real issue is that Mail and my Gmail accounts are not getting along. I think both macOS and Google have made updates about the same time. Since then Mail frequently shows a connection error and asks for authentication of the account in Safari. I read a thread about this being a Safari update issue, but since that is tied to the macOS bundle I don't know have to separately update Safari from 13.0 to 13.0.1.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 8:03 PM

Many thanks to:

BDAqua

User level:

Level 10

(146,367 points)

The answer below solved my problem. I added the Google account to Mail as expected. Safari opened as expected, I have Mac OSx permissions to access the Google account and boom, it connected. I am disappointed to have an issue with Apple system applications. Not what I have come to expect from the product, but very grateful to BDAqua for their time and expertise.

Oct 3, 2019 11:05 AM in response to MacUserSince92

For Mojave: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/20/52/041-88937-A_82KXGV6YE3/l5w5xx65lkxi9zvce2pwwc0rrs8cx8wvoh/Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto.pkg

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2019 8:03 PM in response to MacUserSince92

Many thanks to:

BDAqua

User level:

Level 10

(146,367 points)

The answer below solved my problem. I added the Google account to Mail as expected. Safari opened as expected, I have Mac OSx permissions to access the Google account and boom, it connected. I am disappointed to have an issue with Apple system applications. Not what I have come to expect from the product, but very grateful to BDAqua for their time and expertise.

Oct 3, 2019 11:05 AM in response to MacUserSince92

For Mojave: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/20/52/041-88937-A_82KXGV6YE3/l5w5xx65lkxi9zvce2pwwc0rrs8cx8wvoh/Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto.pkg

Mail not connecting to Google Gmail accounts. Unable to add new Google account. Where is Safari 13.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.