Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to play audio files from email attachments make GMAIL APP and OUTLOOK APP Crash IOS13

After the IOS 13 update GMAIL APP and OUTLOOK APP crashes when trying to play audio files from email attachments, (I don't use the stock email app so i can't confirm if this happen there as well). Does anyone have the same issue as me? Does apple check this forums for bugs? is There a specific place where I can file a bug report?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 5:57 AM

24 replies

Oct 17, 2019 11:18 AM in response to PATXOT

TA DAHHHH!!!!!

IOS update makes my Gmail Mp3 file crash Gmail: For NOW, DON'T use the app. Access Gmail via Internet, Safari, etc.

Yes, the old fashioned way of Internet! I hope soon Google will fix the App.

So, in the meantime open Gmail from the Internet and sign in there. Your Mp3 files will play so you can hear voicemail, etc. ;)

Oct 27, 2019 3:43 PM in response to PATXOT

Same issue on my iPhone X and iPad 2018. Called Apple and of course factory reset did not fix the issue on the iPad. Only work around I’ve been able to find to listen to the audio attachments is to use Safari on either device and login to the Gmail web site from the browser. Audio attachments play with no issue on both devices.

Nov 6, 2019 5:10 AM in response to PATXOT

I work in a VoIP company (RC) and we have a feature that sends email notification to customer for voicemail message with attached audio file but when playing the audio file from gmail app it crashes or closes without any error message. I think this is an issue with the new iOS version since outlook app is also being affected. I have an iPhone X version 13.2 beta and iPhone 7 version 13.1.3 both are having same issue.

Trying to play audio files from email attachments make GMAIL APP and OUTLOOK APP Crash IOS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.