Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos saving transparent PNG images with white backgrounds

It seems whenever I try and save an image that is transparent, but not directly from google, it always saves with a white background.

For example, I use online websites to make images transparent, and it used to save to my album as transparent, but ever since iOS 13, whenever I do this it always saves with a white background. No matter in what way I try and save it it always adds a white background.

The image link tells me it’s a png, but regardless, it doesn’t save as such.

This is also the case if I take a link of a transparent image and try to save it once pasted into a browser. It used to maintain the transparency before iOS 13 , but now it does not.

I do not know what it’s causing this and am frankly annoyed that something that previously worked is now messed up for some reason.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 6:26 PM

Unfortunately no, I have not figured out what it’s causing it. Again, it seems to be only for lower resolution images you try and save. It seems on or off with anything lower than 500x500 pixels, but I don’t know the exact threshold.

6 replies

Dec 1, 2019 7:36 PM in response to soctaviano567

I got the exactly same problems on my iPad Pro just now...

What i got is that I have three png pictures with transparent background already but after I save them to Photos,

one of them which with bigger size (568*440) can still have the transparent background and other two pictures with size (429*289) and (421*334) however turn into white background...

Does anybody know what is causing this problem and how to solve the problem?

Photos saving transparent PNG images with white backgrounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.