Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13.1.2 slow, freezes

iphone 7 and 8plus, since upgrading to IOS 13.1.2 has been sluggish and freezing.

anybody else?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 6:42 PM

Yes, what a royal pain. The phone is used for business and with the new update I now have a paper weight as I'm unable to answer calls, clicking any app takes takes 3+ minutes to open. The phone for functionality is essentially worthless. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing similar issues.

100 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 6:42 PM in response to 011coop

Yes, what a royal pain. The phone is used for business and with the new update I now have a paper weight as I'm unable to answer calls, clicking any app takes takes 3+ minutes to open. The phone for functionality is essentially worthless. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing similar issues.

Nov 8, 2019 10:07 AM in response to tonygiang

To factory reset your phone from Mac/PC, follow these steps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

DO NOT directly reset from your iPhone as it will not fix the issues.

When everything is finished and you restart your phone, do NOT restore from backup during the Welcome Wizard. You will now have a clean, empty and hopefully trouble free iPhone.

After entering your Apple ID, all your photos, contacts, etc will sync back but that will take a while.

You will have to manually install all third party apps from the App Store. Luckily, most will still have your user data (either in iCloud or their own servers) but some might have lost all your data.

pro tip: manually backup your WhatsApp chats in the app before resetting the iPhone so you still have all your recent conversations.

if your phone works fine again, you could redo this process and do restore from backup. I tried it and the problems returned. So don’t do it.

Oct 11, 2019 1:08 AM in response to 011coop

since update to ios 13.1.2, my mail app only half works;

1. I get a notification for a new message
  2. I open the mail app; there are no messages at all displayed
  3. I re-open the app, now the old mail messages show, but not the new ones
  4. I change folders in the app; now I finally can see the new messages
  5. new messages are not marked as read until I open them twice...

Seems like I'm not the only one having issues with new ios, so I guess apple did a half-assed job in 'testing' their software. (surprise).

• This on top of the fact that I can't sync music to my phone for ages (there's no 'solution' but for doing a factory reset which I'm unwilling to do).
  • This on top of the fact that I'm now being nagged for my credit card details by apple pay by notifications and the wallet app

Next phone will not be an apple, apple doesn't give a sh_t about its customers, they have been living on fanboi loyalty for far too long.

Oct 20, 2019 11:19 PM in response to 011coop

So here is the solution :)

I have tried two things and my Iphone 7 stopped freezing and it works for me at least 1 day. I will observe... This doesn't help for slow performance of email app, but at the end there is probable solution.

1. Turn off find my phone - I have not enabled this option again yet, but i will try in a few days.
  2. Go to your Touch ID settings and turn off all touch ID use options. Try to lock and unlock your phone with PIN Code. Go to your Touch ID settings and turn on all Touch ID use options .

And that's all. No need to clean reset your phone.

It looks like this operation cleans some cached settings from previous OS version.

I thing i will work similar with other not working proporly apps like "mail app". I will try in a few days to clean email accounts configuration setting and configure my mailboxes again.

Oct 8, 2019 2:22 AM in response to 011coop

Yes! My iphone 8plus apps are freezing after the update:

Pandora

Safari - On Safari, it’s specifically on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook freezes. The use icons for twitter are now at the bottom of the screen. When I try to search or go to home on the website, the general safari icons come up bc they are also at the bottom of the screen. Youtube on Safari also freezes.

Pandora - The screen options freeze and I cannot leave the station I’m on.

Messages has also frozen on me a couple of times.

This new update causes glitches multiple times a day. I can only restart my phone so often!

i haven’t really tried other apps. I mainly use safari, messages, and pandora.

Oct 8, 2019 9:04 AM in response to SethBParr

I've got my phone working again; It took a clean install and manually re-downloading all the Apps. I used the cloud to re-establish photos, contacts, and notes, however, I lost the call log, game history, and text message history...bummer!

The phone's software is now solid, there's been no software glitch of any kind for the past three and half days. It would be great if this update was a smooth update but this does not appear to be the case unfortunately.

Somewhere there's a conflict on our devices between pre-existing and new. A clean install seems to resolve the issue. Personally, I believe it's not the core OS but it's pre-existing Apps that have issue with the new OS. It's a royal pain but manually re-download and test your apps one by one. Lesson learned...no more updates if the phone is working fine. What a royal pain!

Good luck everyone!

Oct 10, 2019 6:59 AM in response to 011coop

My iPhone X has been doing this daily since I updated to 13.1.2! There are times it won't let me swipe up to kill an app I'm on or switch apps, and then it's a matter of seconds before it freezes after losing the ability to swipe up and it won't let me turn the phone off, the screen off, restart, etc. Very annoying. Hope there's a fix for this ASAP.

Oct 10, 2019 6:48 PM in response to 011coop

I did the upgrade to ISO 13.1.2 today and it’s been a disaster ever since. The device is freezing, it won’t take passwords and won’t allow me on any of my WIFI networks. I can’t even erase it. I contacted Apple Support, the lady I spoke with was respectful but could not give me any solutions after two hours on the phone. She then suggested I take to to Apple at Best Buy. I am beside myself. I have never had a problem with an Apple upgrade before and frankly I’m disgusted and lost. Any ideas?

Oct 10, 2019 10:12 PM in response to 011coop

iPhone 7 Plus ... I have similar issues and some folders also disappeared after the install. I am unable to rearrange my apps and create folders now. As a result some of my frequently used applications, which were very organised, are now all over the place. When I attempt to move an icon it appears to float above the others when I release it. In order to gain control again I have to press the home button, sometimes more than once, and the icon returns to its original position ... really inconvenient loss of functionality.

I had to upgrade because of syncing with my iPad Pro 2018, which I upgraded first ... features such as notes and reminders required me to upgrade in order for me to see them on my iPhone.

Needless to say, I am not charmed by this upgrade.

Oct 11, 2019 12:37 PM in response to marceltoffel

I have a number of new problems:

1) Phone is slow to open notifications.

2) When I tap on a notification, it goes to the main app page instead of directly to the post or tweet.

3) When I try to open an app, all I often see is a light grey screen, before the app kicks me out.

4) If I get as far as the app's title screen, it hangs on the title screen for almost a minute before kicking me out.

5) In the Facebook app for iOS (which has been a train wreck for over a year -- each update brings new problems, and often re-introduces old problems that had been half-corrected in a previous update), when I tap on Previous Posts in a long discussion, I get kicked out to the first screen of apps.

Hey, Apple? Get the lead out and fix this horrible update!

ios 13.1.2 slow, freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.