Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete songs in iTunes on mac but keep them in iCould music

Hi -- I have my iTunes library stored on two macs, an iPhone and an iPad. I also have an Apple Music subscription. I want to delete the physical files in iTunes on my MacBook to free up space. How do I do this but still remain able to play the songs on the MacBook from iTunes when connected to wifi via iCloud? There is a lot of confusion around deleting the songs from the iTunes library. Thanks...

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:56 PM

Select tracks you want to remove, right-click, click Remove download. The physical file is removed freeing up space but the cloud link remains in the library so you can stream the track later, it is not removed from your iCloud Music Library. You are advised to keep physical copies of your media on at least one computer and a backup in case you ever remove anything in error. There is no undo button.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2019 1:56 PM in response to panam707

Select tracks you want to remove, right-click, click Remove download. The physical file is removed freeing up space but the cloud link remains in the library so you can stream the track later, it is not removed from your iCloud Music Library. You are advised to keep physical copies of your media on at least one computer and a backup in case you ever remove anything in error. There is no undo button.

tt2

Delete songs in iTunes on mac but keep them in iCould music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.