Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot crops

Ever since i updated to ios13, my phone no longer reliably saves cropped screenshots. I’ll take a screenshot, crop it in the preview, save to photos, and about 75% of the time it’ll save the original without being cropped. I haven’t noticed a pattern or cause, it seems to happen at random. The crop feature in photos is unaffected, it’s only the preview function that’s broken.

currently running 13.1.2

what do?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:23 PM

35 replies

Oct 7, 2019 7:49 AM in response to The_Cool_Garrett

Hello The_Cool_Garrett,

I understand from your post since you updated your phone Preview no longer saves cropped screenshots. I am happy to help.

Have you restarted your phone since this started happening?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If restarting didn't correct the issue then we recommend reinstalling the update using iTunes on a computer. The article below will help you through the process.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Nov 11, 2019 3:24 AM in response to The_Cool_Garrett

Same for me, iPhone X with 13.2.1 and then also 13.2.2, among a myriad of unrelated other issues and oddities, such as:

When doing a screenshot the workspace is now tiny. Trying to precisely mark up an object is a pain because the screenshot viewable area is now about 3/5 of the screen instead of full screen. Completely idiotic.

When viewing videos and moving to the next video to watch it with the drag feature, such as in slow mo clips you have to do extra taps to get it, and if you want to customize the start and stop of the slow mo position the video frame jumps when selecting it and it’s complete guesswork if you selected the right frame and you have to keep doing trial and error until you like it. Whereas before it was precise and you knew the section of the video you were stopping at.

Screenshot crops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.