Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to fix screenshots not working in iPhone 12 pro max?

How to fix screenshots not working in iphone 12 pro max!? I tried all the suggested solutions but none of them is working!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 12:09 AM

edit...

hiba236 Said:

"If they are not taken then they do not appear in the photos app! Literally when I press the buttons to take a screenshot nothing happens! No shot is taken neither ai can do screen recording"

-------

Troubleshooting Screenshots:

Six other methods...

I. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

II. Update the iPhone:

A. Use my User Tips:

B. Backup Prior to Updating:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

III. Check iCloud Photos Online: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

IV. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

V. Restore forma Backup:

Do you have a backup your iPhone prior to all of this? If so, you can restore your iPhone from it, as long as it is of the same iPhone iOS version.

As a last resort...

VI. Reset to Factory Settings:

Reset you iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 12:09 AM in response to hiba236

edit...

hiba236 Said:

"If they are not taken then they do not appear in the photos app! Literally when I press the buttons to take a screenshot nothing happens! No shot is taken neither ai can do screen recording"

-------

Troubleshooting Screenshots:

Six other methods...

I. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

II. Update the iPhone:

A. Use my User Tips:

B. Backup Prior to Updating:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

III. Check iCloud Photos Online: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

IV. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

V. Restore forma Backup:

Do you have a backup your iPhone prior to all of this? If so, you can restore your iPhone from it, as long as it is of the same iPhone iOS version.

As a last resort...

VI. Reset to Factory Settings:

Reset you iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

Jun 16, 2023 10:48 PM in response to hiba236

Wondering if you are using the latest update iOS 16.5 on your iPhone.

If not it may be worth updating:

or

If you have already updated to iOs 16.5, try restarting your iPhone (deletes temporary files, and often restores order)

How to: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Also: Apple support's online article for iOS 16 may help troubleshoot:

Take a screenshot or screen recording on iPhone – Apple Support

How to fix screenshots not working in iPhone 12 pro max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.