Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave kills Remote Login

With Mojave either as a fresh install or an upgrade after the computer

restarts, Remote Login is being turned off. Part of the problem is it

doesn't happen on every computer, just maybe 1 out of 5. I have a video

of a me turning remote login on and restarting the Mac Mini. Opening

System Preferences > Sharing and poof,,, Remote Login is off.......

It is happening enough that I do not think this is a "one time" issue. I

am a system admin for a medium size company and we use Apple Remote

Desktop to work across 5 states, 15 offices and approximately 650

employees. This is becoming a growing issue as we move people to newer

Airs (we have purchased around 25 new Airs this year) and I want to be

clear, it does not happen every time. but when I get a new Air/Pro

deployed to a remote office and they restart it there is a real risk I

may not be able to remote back in to it. Has any one run across this issue and

if so is there a fix?

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:21 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 8, 2019 10:27 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately SSH is blocked if Remote Login is not checked. so sending me to an article about turning on Remote Login and SSH was not very helpful. As stated in the issue, I have already set remote login and the computer is in another state maybe 1000 miles away..... and if the user restarts the computer I may not be able to remote back in to it to help service a client. Causing interruptions into productivity. I have used ARD and SSH for years. There is always a possibility of some "glitch" with remote access to a client. this is becoming far more than a glitch. It is happening in approximately 1/5th of the computers I am deploying to staff. Has Apple looked into this?

Oct 8, 2019 2:05 PM in response to Made4MeMac

Have you tried command line to enable remote logins (someone on that end would need to enter these for you) -- see article at https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/278744/command-line-enable-remote-login-and-remote-management that describes how to do it. Perhaps doing it that way will result in seeing an error or ???

Also try using Console to see what happens after you turn on remote logins?

Does this ever happen to a system in your office or only in remote offices? In other words one that you can easily get physical access to so that you can try and diagnose the problem??

Good luck...

Mojave kills Remote Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.