Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV box powers down while listening to Pandora

Apparently, there has been a major system upgrade to my Apple TV box. I am trying to listen to Pandora app and after 15 minutes (which is what I have as a timeout for the box) it shuts down. How can I keep the box on and active while listening to my Pandora stations?

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 9:36 PM

Yea, likely - Apple probably adjusted some setting that now Pandora and other music apps will need to update. This is my solution in the mean time. That said - you can always put Apple TV to sleep manually by holding the home button (the TV icon) on the Apple Remote for 3 seconds which slides in the control center and allows you to put the Apple TV to sleep. Per Apple:

Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD: With your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote,* press and hold Home  for three seconds to bring up Control Center, then select Sleep. Or select Sleep Now in Settings.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 9:36 PM in response to Apple_Pandora

Yea, likely - Apple probably adjusted some setting that now Pandora and other music apps will need to update. This is my solution in the mean time. That said - you can always put Apple TV to sleep manually by holding the home button (the TV icon) on the Apple Remote for 3 seconds which slides in the control center and allows you to put the Apple TV to sleep. Per Apple:

Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD: With your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote,* press and hold Home  for three seconds to bring up Control Center, then select Sleep. Or select Sleep Now in Settings.

Apple TV box powers down while listening to Pandora

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.