Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent Folder Missing on iPhone 11 IOS 13.1.2

I discovered the my "Sent" folder isn't visible using my Comcast email on my new iPhone 11 base model. Please help walk me through setting this up. So far nothing I've seen on line is working for me. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 11:57 AM

I just had this happen after moving from an iPhone 7 to the iPhone 11. Both ios13.3.1.

My primary email account was missing Junk and Sent items folders. As soon as I marked one message as junk it was moved to the junk mail folder and both missing folders appeared. The sent items folder showed the emails I sent from the new phone before the sent items folder was displayed. If this works for others it’s easier than recreating the account.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2020 11:57 AM in response to luvapixie

I just had this happen after moving from an iPhone 7 to the iPhone 11. Both ios13.3.1.

My primary email account was missing Junk and Sent items folders. As soon as I marked one message as junk it was moved to the junk mail folder and both missing folders appeared. The sent items folder showed the emails I sent from the new phone before the sent items folder was displayed. If this works for others it’s easier than recreating the account.

Feb 4, 2020 12:33 AM in response to luvapixie

Here is how I resolved the issue for 2 iPhone 11s with iOS version 13.3 using Comcast.

• Do not delete the original (in my case Comcast) email account, if you did just recreate it. If recreating the account solved your problem, great. If not go to the next step.
  • Under Settings --> Passwords & Accounts, select "Add Account"
  • Then select "other"
  • "Add Mail Account"
  • Enter Your email information.
  • In the description it should fill in your email account information (modifying the original email from the internet provider to the email address may work, but I haven't tested it).
  • Select "Next"
  • All your email information should be filled out and verified, if not then you will need to fill out the information from the original email account.
  • Select "Done."
  • Now, check your mail, you should have what you had for your original email and the new email with your email address.
  • Since the new email has the same information (and probably much more) you can go back to Settings --> Passwords and Accounts and toggle off the original email account.
  • Now, when you go and check your email, you should see your sent folder (along with any folders you may have created on the email server).

Seems kind of sloppy, but it works. The nice thing is that you should be able to see any sent emails sent from any device through that account.

Hope this helps!

Apr 17, 2020 8:51 PM in response to luvapixie

I found a simple solution that worked for my iPhone 6s, ver 13.3.1.

The SENT folder was missing only on my primary DEFAULT email account which I'll call "A". (I have several email accounts setup in the mail app).

Solution:

1. I moved a random message from the INBOX of account "A"to the JUNK folder (as suggested by in a previous post). But still no SENT folder in "A".
  2. Then under "settings>mail" I changed the DEFAULT account from "A" to another email address which I'll call "B" which was already in my phone. For some reason the SENT folder then showed up in "A" and included previously sent emails. Yay!
  3. I changed DEFAULT email account back to account "A" and all is well. So far at least. Luckily I didn't have to recreate any email accounts or lose any messages.

Summary: Change default email away from the address with the missing sent folder, then back again. And you may need to move a message to your junk folder as well. Not sure if that was necessary or not.

Maybe it will work for you. Hopefully Apple will fix this strange bug.

Dec 20, 2019 6:33 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

it's a nightmare, latest iphone 11, latest ios 13.3 with the oldest app "email" doesn't work, email sent folder is not working

sent emails doesn't appear , may be you send one and appear on a global sent email folder, but await a while or just switch off-on you will never will see again the sent folder, by the way the sent folder of each email account missing forever.

it's sad that apple support can only request to customer manually delete-create email account but issues remain, you will see next day that sent folder disappear

I have this issue from the time I change of mobile to Iphone 11& IOS , I think support must be worried to sell iphones that give a good service, three month awaiting an update that solve this and nothing.

Dec 31, 2019 6:17 PM in response to teldrive

My Sent box doesn’t exist any more. It did. But I noticed tonight it no longer exists. It is gone!!!

This is such crap to put up with such instability in a mature app. Email is a foundational business tool. How many folks that work for a living have time to fool with such nonsense as losing your sent data with the Apple solution being to delete your account and re-installing. Most products would never be used again if they did this to their paying customer.

it seems that customizable emojis

and other such items are a higher priority for Apple than a completely rugged reliable OS with reliable basic tools (like email). I’m very disappointed in my broken Apple email tool and the Reminder app that bellied up with 13 release.

REAL PROGRESS Apple!!!

Feb 2, 2020 10:58 AM in response to teldrive

I’m hanging this issue too. Sick to death of the problems I’ve had with emails since update last year.

blank spaces in inbox messages, no sent box, emails not showing as read even whdn have.

im at the end of my tether. I have to delete and add my email account daily just to get my inbox emails.

for goodness sake Apple sort this out once and for all I cannot spend any more time sorting this out! I’ve wasted hours on this

Feb 11, 2020 11:10 AM in response to luvapixie

iPhone 11 iOS 13.3.1 and having the same problem. My accounts are POP and none of them display a Sent folder even though I have sent emails on my phone from those accounts. I tried to make a duplicate account and it won't let me, so I tried deleting the account, adding it back, sending an email from it and checking to see if the Sent folder appeared, and nothing. Even tried hard powering the phone down and back up. Please fix this soon! My work-around will have to be to bcc myself on everything I send from my phone. Aggravating.

May 25, 2020 11:25 PM in response to LEW100

I followed above and This is proven now that whichever account I am marking as default that account all mails except inbox are gone . I had about 8 email accounts. I remember having deleted an unused account which was default account earlier. After that another account became default account and that lost the sent items and other folders. As per above when I change to another account as default even that lost the folder and like that all my email accounts. Strange that thread exists or a year now but Steve Jobs is missing.

Sent Folder Missing on iPhone 11 IOS 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.