Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearing Storage via System Information

On my MacBook Air, there is a bunch of copies of installations of 3rd party applications and other stuff that I found in the installations list in the Systems Information app.

I scan through the list and immediately find a bunch of copies of the same applications, and it is triggering my OCD. It is also making me consider if this is what takes up most of my storage, as I had seen in the About This Mac storage section.

This spurs up some questions:

1. Does this take up extra storage space? If so, how can I delete them?
  2. If I delete earlier versions of an app, will the app still run the way it is expected?

I wish that I could delete them from a place like Finder, where I know how to delete something, but it doesn't appear that I can delete copies of Adobe Flash Player and MorphVox Echo. This information might be helpful to know, because the applications I want to delete doesn't seem to be visible in the Finder.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 8:03 PM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2019 10:52 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for letting me know! However, 3rd party applications do not have update information on them. I assume that the three copies that I have are all separate copies of the same thing. I think I just need one of them to operate Adobe Flash Player. So is it possible to delete the extra 3rd party applications? And do previous updates take up storage space?

Clearing Storage via System Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.