You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart battery case not charging phone

I have a nearly new iPhone Xs Max, which I bought with an Apple "smart battery" case. I have noticed on several occasions that the phone battery would drain to the point of giving me a low battery warning while the external battery was fully charged, and at other times the phone wold remain fully charged while the external battery drained. Today my phone battery ran out completely ([hone died, and gave me he dead=battery icon when I tried to restart it) while I was sure the external battery was fully charged. I plugged the whole thing into USN charger, and after a few minutes the phone came back to life. Battery level was indicated as iPhone 2%, smart battery 96%. I find myself wondering why I bought the smart battery case if it isn't going to keep my phone alive.

Is anybody else seeing this problem? has Apple provided any assistance?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 8:45 AM

Hello, Rick Montgomery.

I understand that the Smart Battery Case you purchased for your iPhone isn't working as expected. I may be able to shed some light on this. If you haven't had the chance take a look at this article: Charge your iPhone with your Smart Battery Case Go to the section, Get help. There are some great troubleshooting steps to take if you're having issues with the Smart Battery Case not charging.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2019 8:45 AM in response to Rick Montgomery

Hello, Rick Montgomery.

I understand that the Smart Battery Case you purchased for your iPhone isn't working as expected. I may be able to shed some light on this. If you haven't had the chance take a look at this article: Charge your iPhone with your Smart Battery Case Go to the section, Get help. There are some great troubleshooting steps to take if you're having issues with the Smart Battery Case not charging.

Cheers!

Smart battery case not charging phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.