Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hlpradc” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash.

This warning popped up after a download the new Software to day and I can't get rid of it???

I tried to look for it in the application area but can't find anything about it But when I try to move it to trash it just pops back up. Can anybody help

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 6:00 PM

So you mean to tell me it Won't go to the trash, and keeps popping up.I'm assuming you've tried to stop it by throwing it the Trash and emptying it. You could try throwing in the Trash again, option click on it, and choose "Secure Empty trash", failing that using MalWareBytes (an application ) should be able to get rid of it for good. It will intentify rubbish and spam and get rid of them immediately

jb

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 6:00 PM in response to iTompkins

So you mean to tell me it Won't go to the trash, and keeps popping up.I'm assuming you've tried to stop it by throwing it the Trash and emptying it. You could try throwing in the Trash again, option click on it, and choose "Secure Empty trash", failing that using MalWareBytes (an application ) should be able to get rid of it for good. It will intentify rubbish and spam and get rid of them immediately

jb

Oct 10, 2019 12:00 PM in response to FirefighterFrank

For these kinds of adware files, just deleting the file will often not work. The file has to be unloaded from memory first. Otherwise, it will just reinstall itself. MalwareBytes should properly unload the file and then delete. However, there is always new adware and MalwareBytes may not be able to detect all new variants.

But try MalwareBytes first. If it doesn’t work, there are other options. Just don’t try to find your own antivirus app. There are far too many scams out there. I have my own that that removes adware, but I detest everything about adware, so I always try to let MalwareBytes handle that dirty work, if possible.

Also, Catalina may be making things a bit more complicated. Catalina could be blocking part of the adware, but not all of it. In this case, I’m not sure what MalwareBytes will do. But again, let’s try the easy path first. If that doesn’t work, there are options.

Oct 14, 2019 6:17 PM in response to iTompkins

Hello,

This same thing happened to me as I just upgraded to Catalina. I did a little Googling to try to find a solution. I came across a photo showing deleting this file named "hlpradc." So, I went into any folder, typed "hlpradc" into the search bar, and moved everything into the trash bin that had that name on it. After that, I emptied the trash bin. This notification went away.

Hope this helps!

hlpradc” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.