Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers and keynote iCloud folders on Mac missing

I have Catalina installed (was on the beta, but left it when the GM came out), and I use iCloud Drive rather exclusively. On my iPad and iPhone (both with most current software) when I use pages/numbers/keynote/preview, etc. I can see their corresponding folders from iCloud and can access anything I made, or make something new.

on my Mac, however, in finder the iCloud folder only has pages and preview. numbers and keynote are missing. when I open numbers and keynote they cannot see the folder either.

when I go to iCloud.com I can see the folders for pages/numbers/keynote/preview, etc.

why are these iCloud folders not on my Mac anymore? can I get them back?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 6:51 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 9, 2019 1:49 PM in response to James McKinstry

Hello, James McKinstry.

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

From what I understand on your post is that you're missing two folders from your iCloud Drive folder in macOS. Having access to those files is important and I'll do what I can to help you. You took an excellent step in logging in with the iCloud website directly to verify that your files are there.

Have you tried searching for any of the files from the missing folders? This might give us an idea on where they're at. I'd also like to have you check and make sure you have completely set up iCloud Drive on the Mac for Numbers and Keynote. The section "On your Mac" in the article below goes over the steps:

Set up iCloud Drive

Also, just to double check, do you have the Numbers and Keynote apps installed on your Mac?

Let me know how this goes.

Cheers!

Oct 13, 2019 6:13 AM in response to James McKinstry

Hello, James McKinstry.

Thanks for following up and providing those additional details. Try toggling iCloud Drive off then back on. This would basically force it to sync again. Apple Menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive.

If that doesn't help, try setting up a test user account and safe mode:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Best regards!

Oct 19, 2019 3:27 PM in response to James McKinstry

Hello, James McKinstry.

Glad to hear that there was a partial solution to the issue and agreed that what you see in the Keynote folder is different. Do you have any issues with your Wi-Fi network or if possible try another Wi-Fi network? This can help rule out any stability issues that would prevent downloads from completing. To also confirm, you do have Keynotes saved in iCloud correct?

If the issue is still occurring, at this point I'd recommend getting in touch with Apple Support.

Have a good one!

Oct 9, 2019 8:17 PM in response to Matthew.S81

everything is set up correctly and i have all the apps and they are the latest version.

i opened a keynote file on my ipad and used handoff to open it on my mac. the next day there was a keynote folder in the icloud folder on the mac.

Interestingly, the keynote folder is not on my in the files app--but it is empty. and even more strange is that the numbers folder in there with documents inside--but that numbers folder does not exist on my mac's icloud folder.

so i can use the iwork suite on the ipad with zero problems, but the files app for ipad shows i have zero documents in the numbers folder.

On my computer i can use the iwork suite, but only pages pages, and as of yesterday keynote. Numbers i can use but i cannot open any previous--it does not have access to the numbers folder in icloud.

Oct 24, 2019 12:27 AM in response to MoonJ.

Sorry for the delay, midterm grading here at the uni. I have zero issues with wifi on any network (school or home). I have no idea what the issue would be. I have last week noticed that the keynotes sometimes disappear on the iPad. but other times they are there. I am not sure what is going on there either.

I have all the iWork apps and they are all up to date, as is the macOs and iPadOS and iOS.

For what it is worth, my work computer (an ancient dell somehow running windows 10) has iCloud Drive on it and all the iWork folders are there with the appropriate files within. It just seems (mostly) to be my Mac that has the issues. I do not want to reinstall the software.

numbers and keynote iCloud folders on Mac missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.