Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay issue after update to iOS 13

Hello,

I am using iPhone SE.

As before iOS 13 I used to use Apple Pay on daily basis paying in stores with locked phone by holding it over payment terminal. The phone's screen turned on automatically with Apple Pay application and I just had to authenticate with Touch ID.

Since I am on iOS 13 (13.1.2) it stopped working like that. I have to double click the Touch ID, authenticate and authenticate again within the Apple Pay app.

From time to time the app crashes and is not opening at all or unintentionally I unlock the iPhone before the app appears and I have to lock it back to get to Apple Pay app "quickly" through double click on locked screen again.

This is highly inconvenient. Is there going to be any fix on that?

Kind regard

Piotr Adamowicz

PS. I just lost the "wow effect" in stores 😎

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 9:53 PM

13 replies

Oct 9, 2019 4:27 PM in response to SomeBruh

Use Touch ID for Apple Pay

With an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus or later, you can use Touch ID to make Apple Pay purchases in stores, within apps, and on websites in Safari. You can also use Touch ID on your iPhone to complete website purchases from your Mac. If you have an iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3 or later, you can use Touch ID for Apple Pay purchases within apps and on websites in Safari.

Need help using Touch ID? 

Unless the information changes, they do not change the date of the article. That article is still valid and accurate.

Oct 10, 2019 1:38 PM in response to askbarnabas

Apple Pay no longer works as it always has after 13.1. I have v 13.1.2 and just tried using Apple Pay at 2 locations today. Instead of waving it in front of the reader and your Apple Pay pops up and you give it your print, now waving it brings up your sign in for the lock screeen. You have to hit the Home button for a fingerprint, pull the phone away from the payment device for a few seconds, wave it again and then Apple Pay pops up and then you can use your fingerprint to pay. Not at all convenient anymore

All that is described in the Welefever link is using Apple pay for online purchases, not actual stores.

Oct 13, 2019 7:13 AM in response to corwin87

This is not a solution for the problem I am seeing. It was already checked on my phone. I toggled it and it didn’t help. It only allows access to the wallet upon double clicking from the lock screen. What we had and want is to wave the phone in front of the pos with the lock screen up and the wallet and default card pops up.

Apple Pay issue after update to iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.