Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings endless cycle with Catalina update

I am stuck in an endless loop with my Apple ID control panel asking me to update my Apple ID Settings (Some account services will not be available until you sign in again.), than asking for my password when I continue, than asking for my machine password, then cycling back to the "Update Apple ID Settings" again. What's up and how do I fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 9:58 AM

This was driving me nuts, finally realized what I had to do. I had to actually sign out of Apple ID and then sign back in.

Steps:

1. Sign out by clicking the "Sign Out..." button at the bottom of the dialog. This will effectively disconnect your Mac from iCloud.
  2. Sign back in to Apple ID and everything will re-sync.

This should stop the endless prompting for your Apple ID.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 9:58 AM in response to tom_lanning

This was driving me nuts, finally realized what I had to do. I had to actually sign out of Apple ID and then sign back in.

Steps:

1. Sign out by clicking the "Sign Out..." button at the bottom of the dialog. This will effectively disconnect your Mac from iCloud.
  2. Sign back in to Apple ID and everything will re-sync.

This should stop the endless prompting for your Apple ID.

Update Apple ID Settings endless cycle with Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.