Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Screen Share since Catalina Update

I updated to Catalina yesterday, and since then, every one of my conference applications (GotoMeeting, Xoom, Skype for Business, WebEx).... when I go to screen share, all I see on the screen selection popup, are the desktop backgrounds for those screens, and this is all the conference viewers see.

Since this is not an application specific issue, but it seems to be something related to creating the video in real time, maybe it's video driver or codec related?

Any ideas people?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 3:59 AM

Lots of people have the same problem by the looks of things! Luckily it's a simple fix:

Go to:

• System Preferences
  • Security & Privacy
  • Privacy
  • Screen Recording: Tick the boxes, restart Skype/Teams and you’re done!

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 31, 2019 10:25 AM in response to portwolf

Using a different remote tool, the only setting needed is SysPref -> Privacy -> Accessibility -> [remote tool]

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/guide/mac-help/mh43185/mac

1) Connect (see only background).

2) Enable remote in Accessibility (view good but cannot click).

3) Disconnect the remote.

4) Connect (view good but cannot click)

5) Again enable remote in Accessibility (full control)

6) See and Click are working.

Oct 22, 2019 4:54 PM in response to cwsimmons

I followed the instructions above. The only app that showed was Google Chrome and I selected and rebooted. .

1. Selecting Chrome did not change the screen sharing behavior of sites like uberconfrence on Chrome.
  2. Selecting Google Chrome, did not change the screen sharing behavior in Hangouts.
  3. How do I get my other apps to show up so I can select them?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

Cannot Screen Share since Catalina Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.