Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri no longer reading calendar events when phone its locked

Ever since I updated my iPhone XS with latest update (iOS 13.1.2) Siri is no longer telling me my calendar events when requested. When I request Siri to do so she says she cannot unless I unlock my phone. I was able to do this prior to the update. No setting were change on my part.

Any help would be great. Thanks

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Hey there jbstengel,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand Siri isn’t providing you with your calendar events after the latest update. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Restart your iPhone and see if this has any impact on the issue:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Calendar and make sure no settings were changed when the update occurred. 

If you continue to have issues, back up your iPhone and reinstall the latest update using the steps from the following links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers 

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 11:48 AM in response to jbstengel

Hey there jbstengel,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand Siri isn’t providing you with your calendar events after the latest update. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Restart your iPhone and see if this has any impact on the issue:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Calendar and make sure no settings were changed when the update occurred. 

If you continue to have issues, back up your iPhone and reinstall the latest update using the steps from the following links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers 

Siri no longer reading calendar events when phone its locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.