Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother Control Center workaround for macOS 15 Catalina?

Brother Control Center app has apparently finally stopped working, as of macOS 15 Catalina, which no longer supports 32-bit software. I have used Control Center for scanning documents for years, and now I'm stuck. Luckily I can still use Control Center Printer/Scanner to run the scanner and put the scans on the Desktop, but I miss the ability to name the file with date and time, which gives a little structure to multiple scans sitting on the Desktop. Is there another app I can use, or another way of thinking about the problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 1:40 PM

I'm not sure its a work around for Brother's Control Center for Catalina - rather Brother has established a new way of printing and scanning, and aligned with iOS iPrint&Scan.

I went onto Apps on MacOS and downloaded Brother iPrint&Scan for MacOS and set that up. Works perfectly in every sense. Placed the icon in the bar, and its been perfect in every respect, with scanning and printing completely controlled and transparent.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 1:40 PM in response to dicksmith99

I'm not sure its a work around for Brother's Control Center for Catalina - rather Brother has established a new way of printing and scanning, and aligned with iOS iPrint&Scan.

I went onto Apps on MacOS and downloaded Brother iPrint&Scan for MacOS and set that up. Works perfectly in every sense. Placed the icon in the bar, and its been perfect in every respect, with scanning and printing completely controlled and transparent.

Oct 27, 2019 12:22 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you so much for mentioning VueScan. I was distressed, to say the least, at losing scanning via Brother's Control Center/Twain. The solutions were all inadequate until I saw you post. VueScan is better than Control Center and well worth the price for the professional version, $85 or so There's a lesser version for $49.

I have two MFC laser printers, work and home, that I rely on. I was not thrilled by the prospect of buying new printers just to scan with Catalina and I was daunted at the hassle of downgrading to Mojave. Again thanks so much.

Brother Control Center workaround for macOS 15 Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.