Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible experience with iOS 13 battery life

Hello everyone!

My iPhone 10 started draining battery much faster after iOS 13 update. Battery life on iOS 12.4 was great. But After the iOS 13 update, i noticed an unusual battery drain. It improved a little on iOS 13.1.1, my phone also heats a little while using Fb Messenger and Instagram app (that started after iOS 13 update). Battery draining increased again after iOS 13.1.2 update. Battery health decreased 2% after 13 update. There are lots of things going on with the battery life. I've heard so many people facing the same issue. I don't know when these problems gonna end.

What should i do now?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 6:22 AM

6 replies

Oct 11, 2019 4:44 AM in response to robin_rahman_714

It's normal for battery life to drop quite substantially when you install any new version of iOS. There will be a lot of updating and syncing taking place in the background. This should settle down and battery life will go back to normal. The other factor is where you are when all this is happening. In my experience, updates and usage in an area with poor connectivity dramatically reduces battery life. Hopefully things will have settled for you by now.

Oct 11, 2019 8:21 AM in response to Walter Brewster

There is no connectivity issues with my phone, in my area cellular network has strong signal, my wifi connection is also lightning fast. Everything was great with iOS 12.4. All problem started after iOS 13 update. so the problem is with the iOS 13. Still i'm not facing any performance related problem. I'm totally happy with iOS 13 performance. But only problem is with the battery. No lag, no app crash, no network problem, no camera problem, only problem is battery drain. i hope next update fixes that.

Terrible experience with iOS 13 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.