Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling while marking up in Files on iPadOS

Since the arrival of iPadOS (with many amazing features), I have been very frustrated by one change.

When I want to annotate with Apple Pencil a PDF document in files, my finger is also interpreted as drawing. Previously, I could write on documents with the pencil and scroll through it, multi-task etc. with my fingers independently. Surely when using the pencil one would not want to use fingers to draw/sketch.

Furthermore when going through large documents in Files, resting one's hand on the right side of the screen will make you skip to a complete different place.

Although this may seem minor, when this is the main purpose of the iPad (filling in university lecture notes) and is used frequently it is very frustrating.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 9:15 AM

Hello,

This is a "feature" not a "bug". I highly encourage you to submit feedback to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

Scrolling while marking up in Files on iPadOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.