Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Bluetooth problems.

Im having the same Bluetooth connectivity problems on my new iPhone 11 pro that have been discussed elsewhere. New iPhone 11 pro. Had no issues previously with iPhones. Car Bluetooth disconnects during calls After starting off connected. Work Bluetooth headset and personal Bluetooth headphones are also having problems connecting or staying connected, including mid-call. I reset all network settings in iOS and deleted and reconnected all Bluetooth devices to no avail. Running iOS 13.1.2. This is really frustrating Apple.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 2:00 PM

Similar questions

50 replies

Dec 3, 2019 6:15 AM in response to DJGlenn

Just reposting my reply from another forum https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250725815?page=1

Took my iPhone 11 back to the Apple Store and explained the issue and what I had done to try to correct it. They hadn't heard of the problem but admitted there have been so many bugs with iOS 13. They replaced my phone with another 11 but said it might not fix the problem - and it didn't. They said it would hopefully be fixed with a future software update. They also said that Apple doesn't necessarily follow these posts and that it is best to notify them via their feedback link https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Go for it!

Oct 12, 2019 7:39 AM in response to DJGlenn

Yep, same here. iPhone 11 (not pro) with ios 13.1.2 -- multiple BT devices, different brands/models, all are randomly disconnecting.

Been working with Apple, they installed a BT diagnostic profile, caught some good logs of the malfunction, we'll see if they manage to fix it. I've read probably 2^37th reports of BT connection failures. How could Apple have missed that???

Meantime, my 14-day return policy is almost expired -- taking my phone back the store today. This BT problem makes the phone utterly unusable to me. Back to my iPhone 7. sigh...

Oct 14, 2019 12:41 AM in response to rkricketts

Have similar problem w my iPhone 11 Pro Max with ios 13.1.2, Apple Watch (2nd Gen, wOS 5x) + AirPods (1st gen) + other multiple BT devices, different brands/models, all are randomly disconnecting. And having distorsions and "robotic" crackling sound and loss of audio and bad quality. As well problem keeping audio quality and connecting w my car.

Oct 14, 2019 7:37 AM in response to DJGlenn

My Beats by Apple and Apple AirPods connect via BT but act is if they are NOT connected.

Music continues to play from my iPhone 11, but not from the "connected" BT devices.

Makes my phone unusable in a lot of situations.

So I've got over $300 in BT earphones with a $700 iPhone that I can't use.

Apple, if you're going to remove the headphone jack, you better make sure Bluetooth works!

Very frustrating.

Nov 4, 2019 4:32 PM in response to georgi211

I was having issues with my Bluetooth connection between my iPhone 11pro max and my 2016 Toyota Rav4. Called Apple support and the made me reset and all that stuff but the problem persisted. As it turns out I think the issue was with my Huawei watch 2. See I appreciate iPhones as much as the next guy but I'm not a fan of the Apple watch or the walled garden for that matter. Anyway forgetting the Android watch fixed it for me. Hope this helps anyone who might be in the same predicament.

Nov 9, 2019 6:08 AM in response to georgi211

Having the same problem. Connect iPhone 11 pro max via Bluetooth to 2018 Subaru STI. Phone makes crackling noise during phone calls very disappointing. This is the first iPhone I’ve ever had and none of my androids have ever experienced this problem. Please fix your phones as I will shortly go back to being an android user because of this simple issue. Just very disappointing.

Nov 11, 2019 1:07 PM in response to DJGlenn

I am on 13.2.2 and maybe out of Bluetooth issues. Two calls with no issues with Sony Bluetooth headset so far. What I did was that I followed these reset instructions on my iPhone 11: press volume down then up and then keep power button pressed until phone reboots. Then pair the devices. After this there has been no issues. At least today with the two calls I made. Let’s see if this continues to work or not...

Nov 15, 2019 7:18 PM in response to DJGlenn

Ok I tried what someone suggested and it worked for my car Bluetooth issue. Now I have clear connection.

I have 13.2.2 and was having issues with bad connection and scratchy noise. So the solution for me was to reboot the iPhone. Delete my car connection under the Bluetooth option and reconnect to the car again.

to reboot press up volume, down volume and hold the power button. There are many YouTube videos on this.

then go to Bluetooth under settings and click on the car connection and select forget this device. Then reconnect to the car again.

good luck

Nov 16, 2019 11:45 AM in response to georgi211

I have this problem too.

Same.

Brand new iPhone 11 pro.

$1000 phone.

Crackling sound when using bluetooth in car.

Doesn't happen in same car with my wife's phone. Didn't ever happen with the iPhone SE I just replaced.

Tried the hard reboot, tried deleting my car from the bluetooth and the phone from the car's bluetooth and repairing, tried without case on etc etc (thru various thoughts and suggestions that have been posted on this and other forums with SAME problems) .... nothing works.

$1000 phone. This is an unacceptable problem for a brand new phone at this price point. The bluetooth audio in car for this phone is virtually unusable / intolerable. $1000 phone.

Nov 20, 2019 6:46 PM in response to DJGlenn

iphone 11 Pro, iOS 13.2.3 with a 2015 Honda CRV. Bluetooth phone calls are horrible. Crackly, degraded sound during calls, like an old analog phone with bad reception. I noticed this began happening after one of the early ios 13 upgrades. I got my phone very early when it came out with iOS 13 - as it shipped, worked amazingly well in my car. Better than ever previously experienced. But I can say with certainty that with 13.2 or one of the ladder 13.1 updates it all went downhill. I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested here, and nothing has made a difference. I’ve tried google voice data calls are regular phone calls. Doesn’t make a lick of difference. Playing music however is not affected in my case.

Nov 21, 2019 5:18 PM in response to DJGlenn

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 11 and Acura RDX. Bluetooth calls sounds horrible. Crackling and static the entire time. My wife's iPhone 11 is doing the same thing in her Subaru outback. Bluetooth phone calls are almost inaudible. Interestingly bluetooth music sounds fine though. What is the fix Apple?

iPhone 11 Pro Bluetooth problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.