Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 11 pro won’t turn on after charging it lastnight

How do I fix this ?

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 1:51 AM

Have you already tried a "forced" restart of your 11Pro?:--> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If your device still doesn't turn on, since it is still under warranty, have it inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

88 replies

Oct 27, 2019 12:10 PM in response to ruq133

Hi! Had the same problem this morning after having my phone charge through the night. Woke up, screen was black, did not say it was charging wouldnt restart. However, I found something online that said to do the following;

Press volume up button and release

Press volume down button and release

Now hold the power button until the apple logo comes on.

IT WORKED! After trying everything possible for an hour this finally turned on my phone and it was working like nothing ever was wrong with it.

Jan 28, 2020 10:42 AM in response to MassProductionMusic

It’s called an iPhone, but what you really have is a very powerful pocket-sized computer that can also make phone calls. And like any computer it can crash, like Windows BSOD or Mac kernel panic. The best preventative is to restart it yourself periodically, like once a week as described in this support article—>Restart your iPhone - Apple Support which really just says turn it completely off, wait a minute, and turn it back on.

Charging overnight had nothing to do with it. Might have been an app that went crazy that has background app refresh privileges, so review those (in Settings/General) and disable any that you don’t need to be doing things while you are asleep.

If this happens frequently your phone may have an intermittent hardware problem.

Jan 28, 2020 1:03 PM in response to jwestpro

jwestpro wrote:

I'm glad you made it clear for me, and others, that the press of volume buttons is to be "quick". I am the type to try different methods so I'd already thought of this but it's nice to see the experiemental idea confirmed by other people.

I just copied it from here—>If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Jan 23, 2020 8:31 AM in response to vs3134

ruq133 has resolved the problem in the 3 months since posting, since they marked the thread as SOLVED.

The CORRECT procedure is:

• Press and QUICKLY RELEASE the Volume Up button
  • Press and QUICKLY RELEASE the Volume Down button
  • HOLD the Side Button until an Apple logo appears.

This has been posted several times in this thread, and in the linked Apple article as well.

Jan 1, 2020 8:27 AM in response to NikkiV128

This just happened to me last night, and being New Year’s Day I wondered if that was why it happened. But looking through this thread it appears common. I put my 11 pro max on the wireless charger when I went to bed. When I woke up, it appeared to not be on. Tried to restart it with no luck. My Apple Watch showed it was still connected to the phone and everything worked fine on the watch that requires the phone, so it seems the phone was actually on, just with a black screen. I did the reset mentioned above and it worked. So strange. Anyway, that was my strange experience with this bug.

My new iPhone 11 pro won’t turn on after charging it lastnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.