Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

car play IOS 13

Since "upgrading" to iOS 13, now at 13.1.2, Car Play has been a total mess. I have had the phone reboot several times while connected - uncommanded. Pandora is particularly a problem. When I get a phone call and it goes to the car speaker Pandora will only play through the center dashboard speaker after the call. A phone reboot is required to get stereo sound back. Randomly the dashboard display for fuel mileage, navigation, maintenance status, etc. will switch to the phone as if a call has come in. It was working perfectly on OS 12. The car is a 2019 Honda Insight. This is my first iPhone. I was expecting much better.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 1:47 PM

I use the CarPlay mainly for the map function but even with the phone tethered the calls and iMessages that come in have worked as well as before

Since you mention that the phone has already rebooted

I would try this - back up your phone to a computer if possible

Then erase it completely and reset to factory condition

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

See if the problem resolves - if it does then restore your back up

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 1:47 PM in response to ThomasElam

I use the CarPlay mainly for the map function but even with the phone tethered the calls and iMessages that come in have worked as well as before

Since you mention that the phone has already rebooted

I would try this - back up your phone to a computer if possible

Then erase it completely and reset to factory condition

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

See if the problem resolves - if it does then restore your back up

car play IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.