Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ms word can't print on Mac OS Catalina

Hey guys, I need a solution to this, it's doing my head in right now. I just upgraded my Macbook pro 2017 from Mac OS Mojave to OS Catalina. Everything went fine, but I found out that I can no long print word documents. I'm using Ms office 2016, and I can print from other apps like excel, PowerPoint and notes, except word. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the office 2016, but the problem remains. Please I need a solution, thanks.

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 2:35 PM

Similar questions

21 replies

Oct 13, 2019 4:33 PM in response to Jesusboy

If you’re not on 16.30 or later, patch, if you are on 16.30 or later, contact Microsoft Support, if you’re on 15.whatever, find the new autoupdate tool and load that and then patch.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-office-365-2016-version-on-mac-catalina/b7270f22-7534-46aa-ae47-a60992c939c4

I’ve strongly suggest directly asking Microsoft folks about this Microsoft app, too.

Oct 14, 2019 1:08 PM in response to Jesusboy

Office 2016 is still a supported release, so it should work and should print.

If you’re on Office 2016 patch 16.30 or later, and if you have current Catalina-supported drivers for your printer loaded from your printer vendor, please contact Microsoft Support.

Contacting the vendor is the path for getting this or any other third-party app problems sorted.

Pending a fix, your options are to try LibreOffice or OpenOffice, maybe try Office 2019 or Office 365, or use Office on another computer, or to roll in your pre-Catalina backups and revert.

Nov 4, 2019 8:47 AM in response to marcolefo

Microsoft Office doesn’t work? Upgrade to a supported version, patch to current, then please call Microsoft Support.

Pragmatically, this thread is only going to delay resolving whatever the issues might be with this Microsoft app.

Or replace this app, and use LibreOffice, OpenOffice, or Apple iWork Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

But asking Apple folks about Microsoft app bugs... isn’t the fastest path to resolurion.

Nov 10, 2019 4:48 PM in response to Jesusboy

I had the same problem--no dialog box from the print icon, command-P or from the File-->Print menu. Inspired by marcolefo below, I went to File-->Page Setup. There is a drop-down menu "Format for" which was set to "any printer." I changed it to the name of my printer. Now all ways to print will bring up the dialog box. Weird fix!

Nov 13, 2019 2:59 PM in response to NC78

jonesiam wrote:

Having the same problem and asking my corporation to switch enterprise software is not a option.

If you're in that situation, and Microsoft Office doesn’t work? Upgrade to a supported version (2016, 2019, 365), patch to current, then please call Microsoft Support—they're the folks that best know and that support the Microsoft Office apps.

Ms word can't print on Mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.