Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet and Apple Pay option missing from System Preferences after update to Catalina

I was trying to pay by  pay on my 2018 13" MBP after update to Catalina. And I noticed that there is on wallet and Apple Pay icon in system preferences.

After google it, I tried to solved this problem by following code and reboot. But it doesn't work.

defaults write .GlobalPreferences PKSecureElementAvailableFlags -int 3

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 7:34 AM

Hello zhihuichan,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are not seeing a Wallet option in System Preferences on your MacBook Pro. To help with this, check out the information in this resource first: If Apple Pay is disabled because security settings on your Mac were modified

If you continue to have trouble, I'd suggest using the resources below to reset the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac, then look in System Preferences again:

Should you still not see Wallet or Apple Pay options in System Preferences on your Mac, create a new user and look to see if they appear there: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 7:34 AM in response to zhihuichan

Hello zhihuichan,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are not seeing a Wallet option in System Preferences on your MacBook Pro. To help with this, check out the information in this resource first: If Apple Pay is disabled because security settings on your Mac were modified

If you continue to have trouble, I'd suggest using the resources below to reset the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac, then look in System Preferences again:

Should you still not see Wallet or Apple Pay options in System Preferences on your Mac, create a new user and look to see if they appear there: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Cheers!

Wallet and Apple Pay option missing from System Preferences after update to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.