Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina & Apple Tv photos don't work together.

Using iMac and Apple TV4 running OS13 and catalina. When I enter in system preferences 'sharing' / media sharing / share photos with apple tv/ choose, and then choose selected albums or folders to share then click on selected folders. This populates any albums within the folder with a tick. All good so far. Now click OK and close system preferences. Next time I open system preferences my selected folders and albums are all no longer ticked, the selection box is blank. When I look at photos on apple tv, once the folders showed up but they were noted as not containing any photos. Seems like a bug to me.

Went back and changed the selection to all photos, now the selection is remembered, but at the Apple tv end, when I connect to computer/photos, I get the spinning wheel of doom.

Now selected folders again, then back to Apple tv, photos, spinning wheel of doom.

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 4:47 PM

FIXED, sort of, thanks to Apple support.

Known bug, workaround is remove selected album from inside any folder and copy to a new album under 'My Albums' in Photos.

Now select this new album to synch with iPhone and AppleTV.

All good,

1 reply

Catalina & Apple Tv photos don't work together.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.