Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Keyboard Glitch (iOS 13.1.3)

Hi, I’ve recently been experiencing a glitch where my iPad’s keyboard (digital) is moving across my screen. By this I mean the keyboard will sometimes be at the top of my iPad’s screen, or at times in the middle. But never where it is supposed to be. I have over 100GBs on my iPad so storage is not the problem. Though, I am out of iCloud Storage. I am not sure if this problem can be fixed but if it can I would appreciate the help. It just makes writing anything hard when my keyboard will (in some cases) be covering the words that I am trying to write. Below is a (cropped) picture of the keyboard glitch. It has been above these words I’m writing since I started. And as you can see, it is positioned right underneath the time, date, battery percentage and the internet’s search bar. Thank you in advance!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:57 AM

First, you might to to check that the keyboard is “docked” - as your description suggests that it is currently “floating”. Simply touch-and-hold the keyboard button at bottom-right of the on-screen keyboard, then slide you finger to “dock”.

If this isn’t the cause (and I’m 99% certain that it is), then force-restart your iPad.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 7:57 AM in response to iPadDust

First, you might to to check that the keyboard is “docked” - as your description suggests that it is currently “floating”. Simply touch-and-hold the keyboard button at bottom-right of the on-screen keyboard, then slide you finger to “dock”.

If this isn’t the cause (and I’m 99% certain that it is), then force-restart your iPad.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

iPad Keyboard Glitch (iOS 13.1.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.