Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic continually rescans the same plugins every time it opens

I recently purchased an update to my Waves Gold Bundle. I downloaded these and then opened Logic and it scanned all 260 plugins. Then I opened up the program and everything seems to be working fine except for two issues. First the plugin manager, while it shows the Wave plugins as authenticated, nevertheless shows the little green check marks as slightly grayed out. I haven't checked all the plugins but those I have checked seem to be working fine. The second problem is it rescans all the Waves plugins every time I open Logic. This can take up to 3 minutes and is very annoying. Frankly I'm not sure if this is a Waves issue or a Logic 10.4.7 issue. This is the first time I've introduced a new plugin since upgrading to 10.4.7.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 5:26 AM

I did finally get through to Wave's support. It took them a while to sort out the problem. It involved a complete reinstall of everything Waves. There's still one lingering problem with a single plugin. It appears that their upgraded V10 plugins don't play nice with the older V9 plugins.

Similar questions

7 replies

Logic continually rescans the same plugins every time it opens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.