Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone requesting my wife's apple ID password

I just upgraded my iPhone and it keeps asking me for my wife's apple id password as there must have been something in the sync that is linked to her account. I've already checked my app updates (this is how I solved this previously) and removed apps I suspect she originally downloaded however I still cannot resolve this issue. There is 1 app under "not on this iPhone" that I know was under her but I can't remove it as it is not on the phone. Please help! Notification has been going off every time I open my phone since I got it earlier this week.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 5:32 AM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2019 8:25 AM in response to BdB1122

If you both have separate Apple IDs, you will need to log out of her ID from this phone, and then, log in with yours. Note; however, that any Apple iTunes or App Store purchases are tied to an ID. If she purchased apps with her ID, and you need to use them as well, you will need to repurchase them with your ID. The other option would be to set up a iCloud Family Sharing plan.

iPhone requesting my wife's apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.